Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've failed my driving test 4 times now and losing confidence every time! Its all due to nerves i've tried a lot of different things to try and control it but nothing seems to work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svellam)
    I've failed my driving test 4 times now and losing confidence every time! Its all due to nerves i've tried a lot of different things to try and control it but nothing seems to work!
    My friend has failed 5 times now. I think a good idea is to give yourself a long break between tests, don't go straight into another one. Is there a car you can practise in? Ideally wait a couple of months and do a lot of driving practice in that time, then have a sort of revision lesson, then do your test. That should take a lot of the pressure off and give you a chance to get confident behind the wheel. Obviously the test can still be nerve wracking but being really experienced will give you the best possible chance.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.