The Student Room Group
Reply 1
sounds like it could be a DNS error, are you on dialuo or broadband? you redailing or rebooting your router.
amazingtrade
sounds like it could be a DNS error, are you on dialuo or broadband? you redailing or rebooting your router.
Broadband. I've reinstalled my modem, performed a connection test that works fine (showing a great speed), but everything is still as slow as hell - has been since early this morning. :frown:
Reply 3
Is their certain sites which will not display that you know are working?

It could be a DNS problem with your ISP or if the connection is slow you could have a worm acting as a mail server on your PC. This happened to me before. Are you using a firewall?
Reply 4
Surfing Hamster
Is anyone else having problems with Nildram and downloading webpages and email, or is it just me? :frown:

is it just certain pages and email or all webpages?
I would post an attachment but the pages wont load.

I've tried it with Opera and through a third party proxy; nothing works.

Some sites work better than others. I'm not using a firewall.
Reply 6
Surfing Hamster
I would post an attachment but the pages wont load.

I've tried it with Opera and through a third party proxy; nothing works.

Some sites work better than others. I'm not using a firewall.

can you get to yahoo mail? hotmail?
Reply 7
if your using a modem and don't have a firewall you will have lots of worms in your system. I had to sort out my mums friends computer the other day because they bought a brand new PC and went on the internet without a firewall and cought sasser.

Using a firewall is a must with broadband and even dialup.
Thanks for all your help.

I just found out other people using different service providers are having similar problems in my village; my ISP seem to think it's a problem with the entire exchange, so I contacted Nildram and BT who should hopefully sort it out. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending