The Student Room Group
I didn't find it hurt at all and I was only 12 when I had it done (with parental consent) the aftercare wasn't exactly high maintanance either, just be careful with high-waisted trousers coming back in fashion!
Reply 2
Stupid question.
Pain is different for everyone.
If you're scared of 3 seconds of pain, then don't get it done :rolleyes:

Personally, both of my navel piercings (standard & inverse) hurt a bit, but it wasn't that bad. They can take up to a year to heal though. Mine were healed in about 6-7 months, the inverse one took less time to heal.
Reply 3
i didn't find it hurted at all! it's over very quickly and well worth it i think! Just make sure you clean it properly and don't fiddle with it- a friend got a bad infection from playing with it all the time!
no! just make sure you wash it afterwards properly.. at least once a day with salt water/savlon.
Reply 5
I agree with everyone else, that the aftercare is very important. Normally I'm a physcho with pain, I can't stand anything but I was ok with it, it was just like getting pinched abit. It was good, and I think they look cute-so worth it.
hardly hurt at all. i'd say it hurts a lot less than having your ears pierced.

but then again i have 2 tattoos so my threshold of pain is probably higher.
Kate.
Stupid question.
Pain is different for everyone.
If you're scared of 3 seconds of pain, then don't get it done :rolleyes:

Lol agreed. You're having a sharp piece of metal put through your skin to make a wound into which a piece of metal will be inserted to keep it open, of course it's going to hurt. I don't know why people don't go straight onto the body mod FAQ for common questions such as this. I think there should be a sticky that just says "Getting a piercing WILL hurt". At least then people with a low pain threshold will know what to expect and people with a high threshold are pleasantly surprised by the lack of pain :smile:.
Reply 8
I'm just going to agree with everyone else and say that pain is generally different for everyone. Got mine done >6 months ago now and to be honest it really didn't hurt much. Then again I do have a high pain threshold. Just make sure that once you get it done, it's well looked after. See the bod mod thingy for more on that.
Reply 9
Got mine done about 6 years ago when I was 17- god that seems ages ago now.

Didnt hurt for me, it was a little sore after though, but felt more like a scratch. Ive never had any problems with mine, and I went to a reputable piercer who was really good and put me at ease. It took mine about 10 months to heal I believe.
Reply 10
Mine hurt a lot. Having a "nail" shoved through your skin wasn't fun, apparently I have very thick skin (according to piercing lady).
mine didnt hurt
Was over before i realised she'd started.

I got bored waiting for it to heal though and took it out. Don't really regret it as i only liked to play with it and not the way it looked.

Latest