The Student Room Group

Can i apply to a Russel Group uni ? (giving reps)

Hi,

So I would like to know if my GCSE grades are adequate to consider applying to a Russel Group Uni for Medicine:

A*AAAABBBB

A* - Chemistry.
A - Physics , Biology , Maths and Business Studies.
B - English Language , English Literature , Media Studies , Computing.

Thank you.

Update - Okay , I know Russel Group does not matter , but I'm just curious if my grades are strong enough to get into a Russel Group Uni
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
GCSEs don't count for anything really. You need strong AS. You're applying for medicine so where you go shouldn't matter
Original post by money-for-all
Hi,

So I would like to know if my GCSE grades are adequate to consider applying to a Russel Group Uni for Medicine:

A*AAAABBBB

A* - Chemistry.

Thank you.

You will have plenty of options when the time comes. Just avoid gcse heavy universities (like Cardiff). But it will also depend on your ukcat next .

And for the millionth time, Russell group doesn't mean Jack **** in medicine. Apply where you're most likely to get an interview and where you're prepared to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your grades are fine. Plus Russell Groups don't just care about grades - they look at your application as a whole.
Hi,

A*AAAABBBB

A* - Chemistry.

Thank you.

Some universities look at GCSEs more than others such as Oxford but mainly they look at UKCAT or BMAT test scores as well as predicted A level results. Just keep on working hard and as Russell Universities are the best then excellent grades are normally required. Hope this helps! What are you doing at college? :smile:
Pls look at my thread it is on queen mary , pls need advicee
Original post by wannabedoctor21
Some universities look at GCSEs more than others such as Oxford but mainly they look at UKCAT or BMAT test scores as well as predicted A level results. Just keep on working hard and as Russell Universities are the best then excellent grades are normally required. Hope this helps! What are you doing at college? :smile:

Thanks for the info :smile:

I'm doing:

Maths , Physics , Chemistry and Biology (A-level's)
Thanks for the info :smile:

I'm doing:

Maths , Physics , Chemistry and Biology (A-level's)

That sounds really good what you have chosen to do! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending