The Student Room Group

Ended it with girlfriend 2 weeks ago.

We were together for two years, both each others firsts in many ways and we did really have an amazing connection. We were just so comfortable with each other. It was an LDR so that brought complications in itself, and there were many other problems with our families etc which meant it made it hard for us to be together.

I ended it two weeks ago as I didn't want to lead her on, also I suffer from depression and II could tell it was draining her a lot.

She was the sweetest most kindest girl I have ever known, and she truly loved me unconditionally, I have never met anyone like her that I was so attracted to both physically and mentally.

As we didn't see each other as often as we would've liked due to the distance we used to message each other literally all day every day and I really miss talking to her. I just have felt really lonely and guilty since I ended it but I know long term it was the right thing to do as there was so many signs against us and we started arguing over little things that were irrelevant all the time. But I do still miss her, its only been 2 weeks but I have felt so **** and down.

I have suffered from depression for the last two years and she was my only happiness.
Sorry to hear buddy, but it sounds like you've got your head screwed on ;-)

No just get out the depression bubble and look to the future
Reply 2
Original post by Beardless
Sorry to hear buddy, but it sounds like you've got your head screwed on ;-)

No just get out the depression bubble and look to the future

That is the plan, I'm graduating in two weeks so I'm hoping to find a job soon and keep my mind off of the whole situation.
Reply 3
Mate.

Get a job near her and make it work.

Nothing you have said is a big enough reason to end it - and if you did the above, the depression may well take care of itself.
Reply 4
Original post by Smonnie
Mate.

Get a job near her and make it work.

Nothing you have said is a big enough reason to end it - and if you did the above, the depression may well take care of itself.

I was planning on doing this while we were together, but I just don't have the funds to be travelling 80 miles for interviews etc just to get rejected.

I am graduating with a first in two weeks but I have very little experience so I'm finding it quite difficult to find a job even locally. Maybe when I have worked for a year or so I may contact her to see if she wants go give us another chance and I can think about moving with some money saved.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I was planning on doing this while we were together, but I just don't have the funds to be travelling 80 miles for interviews etc just to get rejected.

I am graduating with a first in two weeks but I have very little experience so I'm finding it quite difficult to find a job even locally. Maybe when I have worked for a year or so I may contact her to see if she wants go give us another chance and I can think about moving with some money saved.

Do you love this

These excuses seem quite weak.

In a year she'll have slept with other people. Can you deal with that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending