The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy Shadowing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tamarat
Hello,

Could I possibly get the template too please? :smile:

Sure thing :smile:
Reply 21
Hi would I be able to get a copy of the template as well? I'm really stuck on finding places that will allow me to work shadow.
Reply 22
Hello,
I`m planning to start OT next September as a mature student. I would appreciate if could PM the template you used when applying for shadowing. May I ask how many hours of shadowning you have done? thank you
Hello, please could you assist me with the template too.

Thanks
Hello NishaaaR,

Please can you help me with the template too.

Thank you

Original post by NishaaaR
Not for OT, but I'm sure you could use the same method as I did.

I went onto https://www.yell.com/ and called up every physiotherapist in the area. If they said no, I'd ask them if they were able to recommend someone who may offer it. I went through 50-60 calls and managed to get 4 work placements in private practices/hospitals.

Another thing I did was e-mail them a professional letter. I can give you my template through PM, if you'd like? With this method, I managed to get 2 work placements in NHS hospitals.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Reply 25
Your reply is really helpful to getting hold of a placement. It has proved extremely difficult for me and had to miss my submission date. Can you please help with any number or contacting in fixing a placement for me.

Thanks for your assistant with this matter..
Reply 26
Hello Nishaar,

Can you also help me with template.

Thanks for your assistant with this!!
Reply 27
Hi, I know this is an old thread but would love the template also if you still have it.
Original post by chuchip
Hi, I'm wondering how other OT applicants have gone about getting opportunities to shadow an occupational therapist? It seems to be proving very difficult to get anywhere. Does anybody have any advice?

I'm sorry if I've missed this already posted somewhere (I did search but found very little).

Hi chuchip,
I emailed dozens and dozens of different hospitals, OT departments and anywhere else I could think of that might employ or know an OT (domiciliary care residential etc) and only received two replies! One was Great Ormond Street who had/have an open day sort of thing and one paediatric OT department in Uxbridge that took pity on me and thankfully invited me in to shadow, chat with an OT and even observe a session :smile:. I think you have to play the probability game and just bombard as many as you can and hope they have mercy (I know it is tough and it really shouldn't be this tough) but eventually someone has some empathy and time and offers. Also join Facebook OT groups and ask about some shadowing. Many on FB are very willing and kind :smile:
Would you be able to send me your template I would be so grateful !
Would I be able to see your template ? I would be so grateful
I will see of I can find them/it
*if
I hope you don`t mind me jumping on this post- I have an interview next month for Occupational Therapy with Wrexham uni and I was wondering if you had any hints and tips for me to take to interview? Any advice would be most welcomed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending