Turn on thread page Beta

Medical Work Experience I Have none, making personal statment watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm making my personal statement and yes it's a bit late but it's better late than never.
    I'm afraid whether my grades my slow me down but putting them aside:

I don't have any 'medical' work experience. I have worked at a GP and midwifery but they both ended up to be admin. I had a 3 day placement at a medical centre shadowing a doctor but I cancelled due to my careers adviser going against it due to my A2 courses starting.

By the time I send my personal statement off I will have found medical work experience, but I won't be able to include that in the PS or will I?

ReputationRep:
    It's all about how you spin it, the admin can become the "inner workings of the NHS" or "the realities of medicine" i could spout this bs for days you just have to become proficient in the art of enhancing the truth. Yes, i wrote about my medical work experience but do you think i didn't just stand there while someone took blood and said "nope" when asked "any questions?", of course i did. It's good to have that clinical stuff, seeing patients is the business end of medicine but if you can talk about how you "witnessed how doctors work as part of a multidisciplinary team and realised a career in medicine is not as glamourous as it seems in TV shows" then you'll be fine

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.