The Student Room Group

Medical Work Experience I Have none, making personal statment

I'm making my personal statement and yes it's a bit late but it's better late than never.
I'm afraid whether my grades my slow me down but putting them aside:

I don't have any 'medical' work experience. I have worked at a GP and midwifery but they both ended up to be admin. I had a 3 day placement at a medical centre shadowing a doctor but I cancelled due to my careers adviser going against it due to my A2 courses starting.

By the time I send my personal statement off I will have found medical work experience, but I won't be able to include that in the PS or will I?
It's all about how you spin it, the admin can become the "inner workings of the NHS" or "the realities of medicine" i could spout this bs for days you just have to become proficient in the art of enhancing the truth. Yes, i wrote about my medical work experience but do you think i didn't just stand there while someone took blood and said "nope" when asked "any questions?", of course i did. It's good to have that clinical stuff, seeing patients is the business end of medicine but if you can talk about how you "witnessed how doctors work as part of a multidisciplinary team and realised a career in medicine is not as glamourous as it seems in TV shows" then you'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending