Economics (0)
0%
Business_Josh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I got BBCC at AS.
I therefore am going to continue with the two B's (Business Studies and ICT) and drop one of the C's but I don't know which one.
It's between economics and history.
The advantage with history is that A2 is 40% coursework but the advantage with Economics is that it is easier to resit due to A2 following on from AS. Rather than history being 2 completely different topics.

What should I drop?!? Help please!

I want to do Business Management/Marketing at University.

Some people are saying Economics is more related to business and therefore keep that but some people are saying History shows diversity in subjects which universities look for. (Don't really know what's more important)
MissML
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which do you feel more confident in? Also if you aren't very confident in doing coursework and meeting deadlines, drop History.
Business_Josh
Rep:
?
(Original post by MissML)
Which do you feel more confident in? Also if you aren't very confident in doing coursework and meeting deadlines, drop History.
I feel History would come more naturally to me, however the coursework would be a lot work especially because I do business coursework as well which takes up a LOT of time. I also have lost confidence a bit in the History exam board, as one of my papers was marked a D, got it remarked and it went up to a B :/
imran_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Business_Josh)
I got BBCC at AS.
I therefore am going to continue with the two B's (Business Studies and ICT) and drop one of the C's but I don't know which one.
It's between economics and history.
The advantage with history is that A2 is 40% coursework but the advantage with Economics is that it is easier to resit due to A2 following on from AS. Rather than history being 2 completely different topics.

What should I drop?!? Help please!

I want to do Business Management/Marketing at University.

Some people are saying Economics is more related to business and therefore keep that but some people are saying History shows diversity in subjects which universities look for. (Don't really know what's more important)
You doing AQA ICT?
Business_Josh
Rep:
?
(Original post by imran_)
You doing AQA ICT?
yeah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
15.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (39)
9.7%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (76)
18.91%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.68%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.95%
How can I be the best version of myself? (123)
30.6%

Watched Threads