Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been studying history since year nine now and now that i'm in year 11, i'm not improving any better than i was before. I was always so tempted to drop it in year 10 but i always tell myself not to give up but its not working. I feel that history would just be wasting my time when it comes to revising for my other more important subjects.
    I know that my brother dropped business in year 11 but i was wondering if anyone else has dropped a subject in year 11 too?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by borlaza13)
    I've been studying history since year nine now and now that i'm in year 11, i'm not improving any better than i was before. I was always so tempted to drop it in year 10 but i always tell myself not to give up but its not working. I feel that history would just be wasting my time when it comes to revising for my other more important subjects.
    I know that my brother dropped business in year 11 but i was wondering if anyone else has dropped a subject in year 11 too?
    Yes it is possible to drop subjects in yr11 but only if ur school agrees. Speak to ur teacher about it and your head of year if you are getting poor grades they will probably let you drop it. I know people who dropped spanish and people who dropped history in tr11 and when these subjects were timetabled they came to the lesson but just did their own work.

Hope this helps and good luck
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by borlaza13)
    I doubt it but you could try.
    I dont know of any schools that would let you drop a subject in year 11. But since you say your brother dropped a subject, it could be possible i suppose. You may need a good reason to drop it though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can drop a subject but it can be hard to get people to agree to do it because they have invested money into you learning it at that stage. I dropped French in yr 12 (I'm in NI which is yr11 on the mainland) because I was hopelessly horrific at it and the teacher knew this (he gave me preferential treatment for not doing home works/bad spelling test scores when other people would be getting lunch time detentions etc) and he was all too keen to drop me, for his and my best interests 😂. I'm sure if you give a very good reason for not improving/gaining anything from the subject, and your year manager and teacher agrees then it can be done.

You'll probably get scheduled study time like I did, it was a really nice time to catchup and revise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 6, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.