Turn on thread page Beta

I'm jealous of fat girls watch

I feel like a horrible person but I have to get this off of my chest. How can I stop feeling jealous and resentful of them?

I'm a skinny girl. Always been a size 6 but not underweight always healthy. Since my sixth form days people including my own friends most of whom are size 14+ told me 'you need some meat on your bones', 'you've got nothing there' (referring to my breasts, I'm a B cup), 'men don't like skinny, men like curves', 'bones are for dogs', 'you don't look like a woman' and many more. It makes me feel so ugly and undesirable. I've tried binging and eating loads but I only put a couple of lbs on. My binging got so bad that I battled bulimia for 2 years until I was hospitalised for 3 months as I got arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat) and I've since have not relapsed..

All my fat friends have boyfriends and men approaching them which they assure me is down to their 'curves' and being a 'real woman'. I feel insanely jealous. A few of them have posted pictures in their underwear on social media and got comments of how 'brave', 'inspiring' and 'empowering' they are. I know if I did the same I would get comments of 'slut'.

I know that a relationship is more than my body and it's about my personality but I feel no one is going to want to get to know me enough to see my personality based on my body repulsing them away.

The media tells us that thinner is better but I just get taunted in real life it never did me any favours or made me happy. To be perfectly honest I'm jealous that they can eat so much crap and still be happy and find love, be social, be successful etc. There... I said it. I'm a horrible person. Feel free to be horrible back I need to hear it.

How can I stop these feelings?

''All my fat friends'' - this is pretty mean lol

you just need to accept yourself for who you are. you can't change. people come in all different shapes & sizes and this may surprise you but there are so many people who wish they were skinnier, perhaps even some of your friends do & only make mean comments because they're insecure/jealous. so everyone faces this problem, you're not alone. there's definitely people who will find you attractive but perhaps it's your insecurity that's off-putting as you're unhappy with yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel like a horrible person but I have to get this off of my chest. How can I stop feeling jealous and resentful of them?

I'm a skinny girl. Always been a size 6 but not underweight always healthy. Since my sixth form days people including my own friends most of whom are size 14+ told me 'you need some meat on your bones', 'you've got nothing there' (referring to my breasts, I'm a B cup), 'men don't like skinny, men like curves', 'bones are for dogs', 'you don't look like a woman' and many more. It makes me feel so ugly and undesirable. I've tried binging and eating loads but I only put a couple of lbs on. My binging got so bad that I battled bulimia for 2 years until I was hospitalised for 3 months as I got arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat) and I've since have not relapsed..

All my fat friends have boyfriends and men approaching them which they assure me is down to their 'curves' and being a 'real woman'. I feel insanely jealous. A few of them have posted pictures in their underwear on social media and got comments of how 'brave', 'inspiring' and 'empowering' they are. I know if I did the same I would get comments of 'slut'.

I know that a relationship is more than my body and it's about my personality but I feel no one is going to want to get to know me enough to see my personality based on my body repulsing them away.

The media tells us that thinner is better but I just get taunted in real life it never did me any favours or made me happy. To be perfectly honest I'm jealous that they can eat so much crap and still be happy and find love, be social, be successful etc. There... I said it. I'm a horrible person. Feel free to be horrible back I need to hear it.

First and formost if these friends of yours are making you feel insecure about your body, I wouldnt even consider them as first at all. Secondly every girl has issues with their bodies. Im sure some of your friends are jealous of you for your physique and visa versa, but the idea is that you shouldnt care what other people think. As long as you're healthy, be happy and love your body. You only get one. You can be happy and find love, it has nothing to do with size. It seems what they have is confidence, mirror their confidence and you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    Fat girls are usually even more insecure, you're only seeing it one way, if you were fat you'd be going on about how horrible skinny girls are, the probably is your low self esteem, your weight is just what you're projecting that on to.

ReputationRep:
    Do you really want to be fat?
    You are a healthy weight
    Maybe you can hit the gym to do some lifting to get that ass
    Eww the thought of them in their underwear taking a pic has made me want to :puke:

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Do you really want to be fat?
    You are a healthy weight
    Maybe you can hit the gym to do some lifting to get that ass
    Eww the thought of them in their underwear taking a pic has made me want to :puke:
    This. :jumphug:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    As hard as it is sometimes, you should really try and be happy with yourself. You are a healthy weight and that's something that's extremely important.

I'm petite and slim myself and I know how it feels to read horrible comments such as those. Having "curves" is not the definition of a woman, you are a woman irrespective of your figure or weight, so don't let comments like that get you down; they're absolutely ridiculous in all honesty.

Men have different opinions on what is attractive, sure, some will prefer girls who are a little bigger, but there are plenty who find slim girls extremely attractive. We all have different opinions on what we find attractive and that's okay! It's life and something we have to accept. You will be desirable to many men, I can promise you.

Be happy in your own skin, confidence can play a bit part in attractiveness. Your figure is not necessarily why you don't have a boyfriend and all your friends do, you just might not have found the right person yet. It's not healthy to envy people to the extent that you're putting yourself down constantly :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And this is why society need to stop policing the way women look.

There is no such thing as a 'real woman'. And guys like all sorts of different figure types. So long as you are happy with your body, roll with it. If you wanna put on weight, put on weight.

I think the thing more likely to stop you getting a guy is self-confidence. You need to love yourself before anyone will love you :-)

ReputationRep:
    You're not a horrible person, you're honest and humble. To stop those feelings, I guess you'd just need to learn how to love yourself. Focus on enhancing traits that you can change?

And trust me, you don't want to be fat. The difference between you and your 'fat' friends, is that they seem to accept themselves for who they are. If you don't love yourself, how do you expect other guys to fancy you? You just have to believe in yourself

ReputationRep:

your friends don't seem very nice where I live (very middle class area) your friends would have no attention from guys and you'd be chased after, trust me. Interesting that these things change from area to area. Why don't we swap? Sounds like we have polar experiences

''All my fat friends'' - this is pretty mean lol
    Why is it mean to call them fat? It's a fact not a slur so I'm not going to use a euphemism. Plus people are taking the word fat back with movements like 'fat positivity' and 'fat acceptance'.

What is probably mean is my resentment towards them after being bullied by fat people.

ReputationRep:
    God this is a shame tbh sounds like your fat friends have used you to make themselves feel better about being fat.

Sweetheart this is pretty sad especially that it resulted in serious consequences of the eating disorder and complications.

Look I really think you might benefit from extra support do you still see people from the eating disorder clinic or any other MH help? If not might be an idea to see your GP and tell them how you're feeling.

Please don't feel bad :hugs: you've gone through a lot. Ignore your fat friends at the end of the day they probably feel crap about being fat so...
    Fat is not desirable!

Get the extra help and also think about finding new friends join a support group or something... Where do you live that everyone who ever had a boyfriend is fat!? :giggle: that certainly isn't the case where I come from, quite the opposite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battycatlady)
    And this is why society need to stop policing the way women look.

There is no such thing as a 'real woman'. And guys like all sorts of different figure types. So long as you are happy with your body, roll with it. If you wanna put on weight, put on weight.

I think the thing more likely to stop you getting a guy is self-confidence. You need to love yourself before anyone will love you :-)
    But she isn't happy with her body. And she finds it difficult to put on weight- this is quite common in young people, I was very skinny until I was about twenty, I ate plenty of crap, just didn't put anything on. People can be dicks about it, they said things like "oh my God you're so thin, I can feel your bones", while it would have been considered out of order for me to say "wow you're fat, I can feel your flab". Still, that's being a guy, it's considered much more desireable in girls.

Why is it mean to call them fat? It's a fact not a slur so I'm not going to use a euphemism. Plus people are taking the word fat back with movements like 'fat positivity' and 'fat acceptance'.

What is probably mean is my resentment towards them after being bullied by fat people.
    A fact can still be a slur, like calling someone a "retarded *******" can be factually correct, but you probably wouldn't say it.

Do you not see the irony in you being so sensitive about your body, but making other girls feel **** about theirs by calling them fat?

ReputationRep:
    Its so bizarre that in the 5 years since I left school things have changed so much. When I was in school there was normally only 1 or 2 overweight people in the class. Skinny was considered beautiful! I'm not saying this is right, but it does concern me that people now want to gain weight. I think you need to be more assertive with your friends. Tell them that you aren't going to let anyone make you feel bad anymore. Deep down they are probably jealous of you.. I hope you can ignore them and love your healthy body

ReputationRep:
    They aren't friends if they are making you feel bad about your body weight.

Different guys have different tastes. I think that importantly, anyone wanting to date you will want you to be healthy with your weight and if being your size is effecting that, you should see your GP and talk about it.

Most people aren't happy with their bodies, whether they are skinny, fat, average...there is also a lot of pressure through social media to have a certain look, and it's not always the best for you.

I'm a size 12 and I still get people thinking I'm overweight. Humans can be cruel no matter what you look like, or how much you weight. You need to find a weigh to become more confident in yourself. As it stands you aren't confident with your body and that will be putting guys off you, if that's what you are concerned about.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 6 too and have had comments like that for a while. They used to get me down and make me wish I was bigger like everyone else around me. I think some people do it without realising how it can be detrimental to the person they are saying it to. But now that I'm older, I've learned to accept myself for who I am. Although, I'm still striving to better myself.

I'm sorry you've been through the bad experiences with bulimia etc, I can only imagine what you felt :hugs: As others have said, you are at a healthy weight and that is fantastic! I am sure you're beautiful as you are, it will take time to accept it but please don't think you need to change to fit in with others around you hun xx

ReputationRep:
    I am a simple man, I like all types of boobies

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. Just hit the gym and get some muscle plus increase caloric intake. Haters gonna hate.

(Original post by Mankytoes)
    But she isn't happy with her body. And she finds it difficult to put on weight- this is quite common in young people, I was very skinny until I was about twenty, I ate plenty of crap, just didn't put anything on. People can be dicks about it, they said things like "oh my God you're so thin, I can feel your bones", while it would have been considered out of order for me to say "wow you're fat, I can feel your flab". Still, that's being a guy, it's considered much more desireable in girls.

A fact can still be a slur, like calling someone a "retarded *******" can be factually correct, but you probably wouldn't say it.

Do you not see the irony in you being so sensitive about your body, but making other girls feel **** about theirs by calling them fat?
    Hold on a minute they called me 'bag of bones' and 'anorexic' long before I ever called them fat. And my friends call themselves fat as well they have no illusions with it they are part of the 'fat acceptance/pride/feminism' movement.

(Original post by Hopefulcici)
    First and formost if these friends of yours are making you feel insecure about your body, I wouldnt even consider them as first at all. Secondly every girl has issues with their bodies. Im sure some of your friends are jealous of you for your physique and visa versa, but the idea is that you shouldnt care what other people think. As long as you're healthy, be happy and love your body. You only get one. You can be happy and find love, it has nothing to do with size. It seems what they have is confidence, mirror their confidence and you will be fine
    Yeah I get that we all have problems with our bodies and no one is perfect. But I'm sick of being used as the punch bag for my bigger friends to feel better about themselves. But you are right I can be happy in spite of my body and I need to work on confidence.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.