Turn on thread page Beta

Freshers Zoo, icebreaker etc - waste of time? watch

ReputationRep:
    Most reactions from now 2nd years tend to be negative towards these events but if everyone in my flat is going i wouldn't wanna be left out, yknow.

How do you feel?

ReputationRep:
    What is this? If everyone in your flat is going , you should go as well as you never know you might like it! and it will give a chance to get to know them

ReputationRep:
    Nobody went to these events and everyone went to the union run events. From what i've seen, the only people posting about these events are promoters pretending to be freshers. But if all your flat are going, probably worth buying as it's better to do what friends are doing.

ReputationRep:
    Just do what flat does.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please confirm to me which it is?

http://theoxevents.co.uk/,

OR

https://www.oxfordbrookesfresherswee....uk/events.php

Can someone please confirm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmb19)
    Can someone please confirm to me which it is?

http://theoxevents.co.uk/,

OR

https://www.oxfordbrookesfresherswee....uk/events.php

Can someone please confirm?
    second one

ReputationRep:
    it feels like from the freshers page i'm on, everyone is going to those events but i talked to people from my flat and course and they are just winging it like i am.

i do think that the constant posts from promoters hypes these events more than the union ones so it might feel like no one will go to the union ones but im sure not everyone has a ticket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloetheunicorn)
    it feels like from the freshers page i'm on, everyone is going to those events but i talked to people from my flat and course and they are just winging it like i am.

i do think that the constant posts from promoters hypes these events more than the union ones so it might feel like no one will go to the union ones but im sure not everyone has a ticket.
    One thing to be aware of, fake freshers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waxfilledtin)
    second one
    I bought the first one as well out of confusion. Argh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmb19)
    I bought the first one as well out of confusion. Argh
    maybe people will be going to that event too, i dont know! the second one is just the offical oxford brookes link run by the SU. just buy whichever tickets your flat are going to, and you can always sell the others on facebook when you get there. don't stress about it, it will all work out fine once you get there.

ReputationRep:
    Probably won't be going to the Freshers Zoo but I am going to the Icebreaker, as are many other fellow Freshers it seems. I just think it'll add a bit more variety to my Freshers' Week as opposed to spending every night of the week in the Union bar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waxfilledtin)
    Nobody went to these events and everyone went to the union run events. From what i've seen, the only people posting about these events are promoters pretending to be freshers. But if all your flat are going, probably worth buying as it's better to do what friends are doing.
    I wen't to a thing called Carnige in uni after freshers that was one messy night

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.