Traveling from London To Egham Watch

thegreatdantone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ok here is the deal!
Welcome week is on 19th of this month! I wanted to know about extensions on my 18+ student oyster card. I will be adding a weekly travelcard of zone 1-6 to travel within London but what happens after Feltham? Can i get an extension to egham or not. I will be travelling daily.
If i can get an extension thats fine. I will go by train but i am not bothering to make a railcard and then buying a discounted ticket+ weekly oyster card!
Alternative route i have found is that, go to feltham on your oyster. Get 117 to Staines (on oyster) , from staines bus station you can get 71 bus to Egham RHUL. I can make a weekly ticket of that bus costing me 13 quids.
But all i wanted to know that if i can get an extension on my travelcard 1-6 to egham in southwest trains..that would be awesome! Otherwise i am better off in busses!
Thanks in advance
bocaJ
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bump, same situation here. I'll be travelling daily from South West London to Egham. I've asked at the train station today and got the following:
Egham - zones 3-6 (including buses and tubes) is £233.10 monthly and £60.70 weekly, seems like a lot but hey, whats the maintenance loan/grant for? I'm still getting my head around how its going to work. Buses are definitely a time waste, especially during rush hour.
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can't remember what I used to do but there were a few commuters on my course and the ones I knew used to take the Reading train from Waterloo to Egham. The bus system is OK in the area but I remember that during the winter months it became horrendous.
themadone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oyster isn't supported beyond Feltham, so I can't imagine it's possible to get an extension to any ticket on your card.

Not sure I'd like to go by bus from Feltham - it takes nearly 2-3 times longer than staying on the train would and doesn't run as late either.
Altiina
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Guys! I used to commute from London to Egham, but I found a way to cut costs. If you get a regular zone 1-3 travelcard (on your student oyster that gives you 1/3 off travelcards) and then get a "boundary zone 3 to Egham" ticket (they don't advertise these) with your discount railcard, you can cut costs. Then its just £1 for the RHUL bus that goes from Egham station to the campus - They have been quite efficient when it comes to them being in sync with the train times.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (407)
18.64%
The paper was reasonable (1039)
47.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (485)
22.21%
It was TERRIBLE (253)
11.58%

Watched Threads