Turn on thread page Beta

My life is boring watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm just struggling. I have not had real friends since secondary school. I developed anxiety and depression and sunk into this pit. I started sixth form but most of the same people who used to bully me are also there. I tried talking to people but most already had friends and didn't want to talk. I was so ill during year 11, I was sent home early everyday to stop me stressing out. Now, I have to try and get through whole days and i've again seen the absolute terror of lunch times/ free periods without anyone to talk to. The first day was just filled with anxiety.
    I'm feeling alone, I thought that a lot of new people would be there and I would be able to make friends but I've only seen 2 new people on my courses and they wanted nothing to do with me. I have to deal with the same ****ing douchebags for another 2 years and I can't take it.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Venus, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time :hugs:

Are there any clubs or societies (inside or outside college) which interest you? If there are, maybe you could try going along to one or two to see whether you enjoy them - you'll meet others with similar interests and maybe even make some friends in the process.

Alternatively, do you have any hobbies which you can focus on more to distract yourself from your loneliness and give you some form of escape from college?

If you want someone to talk to, feel free to message me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Hey Venus, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time :hugs:

Are there any clubs or societies (inside or outside college) which interest you? If there are, maybe you could try going along to one or two to see whether you enjoy them - you'll meet others with similar interests and maybe even make some friends in the process.

Alternatively, do you have any hobbies which you can focus on more to distract yourself from your loneliness and give you some form of escape from college?

If you want someone to talk to, feel free to message me
    Thanks for the support, it's just that having to sit through lunch with no one to talk to makes me look like a loser. I hate lunch periods, i'd rather keep working during lunch than stand around anxious.

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about a fresh start at a different sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boondock Saint)
    Have you thought about a fresh start at a different sixth form?
    I was going to go to another college but I didn't do it because I knew all the teachers and I would've struggled even more in a new environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxVENUSx)
    Thanks for the support, it's just that having to sit through lunch with no one to talk to makes me look like a loser. I hate lunch periods, i'd rather keep working during lunch than stand around anxious.
    Could you maybe go to the library or a computer room during lunch and complete some work instead? That way you will be able to keep yourself occupied and hopefully keep your anxiety levels down

ReputationRep:
    You are not alone i felt a bit the same but my situation was a bit different because i went to a new sixthfrom and knew no one there.

If people don't want to talk to you then maybe they are shy themselves so, you could start the convos.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just dreading tomorrow, just happy that I only have 3 lessons and enough time to go home in the middle of it.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.