Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for physical natsci having done bio, chem, phy, maths and f.maths at AS Level. (I'm dropping f.maths this year). Will they look at my 3 highest UMS or the 3 most relevant?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I can't say for Cambridge but I also studied Natural Sciences and did Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography. They asked that I achieved a certain grade in Biology and Maths.
    It may be something similar 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippabethan)
    I'm applying for physical natsci having done bio, chem, phy, maths and f.maths at AS Level. (I'm dropping f.maths this year). Will they look at my 3 highest UMS or the 3 most relevant?

Thanks!
    Interesting.....
    Someone's just asked exactly the same question a few hrs ago for his friend and it has been replied.
    You'll find your answer in the posts following this one.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post59156469

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    I can't say for Cambridge but I also studied Natural Sciences and did Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography. They asked that I achieved a certain grade in Biology and Maths.
    It may be something similar 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No it's not similar at Cambridge, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, I want to do bio, chem, phy and maths in first year. And did better (99%) in bio than in f.m (90%; I messed up in one of the exams). Chemistry's my main area of interest but I guess I'll be interviewed with physics-y questions making me seem worse than other physical natscis :/

Thing is, I want to do bio, chem, phy and maths in first year. And did better (99%) in bio than in f.m (90%; I messed up in one of the exams). Chemistry's my main area of interest but I guess I'll be interviewed with physics-y questions making me seem worse than other physical natscis :/
    Apply for bio natsci

ReputationRep:
    You ought to be fine with your UMS. Dw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    You ought to be fine with your UMS. Dw.
    http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...fer_status.pdf

ReputationRep:
    This.
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    Apply for bio natsci

OP, have you looked at their course options?
    http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...iences-options

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to do bio, chem, phy and maths under bio natsci? I was under the impression that I had to apply for phy natsci, but after having another look, I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to do bio, chem, phy and maths under bio natsci? I was under the impression that I had to apply for phy natsci, but after having another look, I'm not sure
    More details on the course here.
    http://www.natsci.tripos.cam.ac.uk/p...nts/nstbooklet
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    It doesn't really matter if you apply through the Physical NatSci or Bio NatSci routes - once (if ) you get in you can do any part of NatSci, although some modules will depend on your a-levels. It's all in the document mentioned by vincrows

The choice of Phys or Bio when you apply is just to help with the admissions process - specifically the interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, it's just I was looking at the entry requirements, and some colleges don't have entry exams for bio natsci but do for phy natsci, so I didn't know if I'd be able to apply for bio natsci and avoid extra exams!

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, it's just I was looking at the entry requirements, and some colleges don't have entry exams for bio natsci but do for phy natsci, so I didn't know if I'd be able to apply for bio natsci and avoid extra exams!
    If you want more definitive advice or details, there'll be two Q&A threads opening this morning here by people who're in charge of Cambridge admission, one by Peterhouse, the other account held as Cambridge admission, hosted by various colleges, starting from Corpus, so you can ask them.
    (Note: the first session by corpus on Cambridge Admission thread may be focused mainly on international applicants)

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.