Turn on thread page Beta

Getting into movies etc studying/experience advice please? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, not really my area here!

To cut a long story short, I'm looking for some advice for my boyfriend.
    He's a foreign student, and has only got AS Levels from where he studied in England. Finishing A2 is not an option for a couple of reasons which I won't get into, but he studied Film, English and History.

So, I guess I'm asking for some advice as to what his options are? He would need to be London based in order to easily get back to his home in Iceland.
    Would apprenticeships or internships be a good bet? Or a foundation course? Or short courses? Can anyone offer advice as to where to look and to go about it? There seem to be so many options!

He would ultimately like to work on movies and make his own, and has experience working with directors back where he lives and also on a couple of TV shows over there, thanks to some useful contacts, but I'm wondering where/what would be useful to look into back here in London/UK.
    This is all completely alien to me as I come from a very different field of study and am going to university later this month, so any advice to help point him in the right direction would be great!

Thank you for reading my essay, I have instant noodles to offer if you can provide some advice!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.