Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am a BS Management student from the Philippines and I am very much interested in the MPhil in Development Studies offered by Oxford. I am not really familiar with the admission process and I have a few questions about it, I hope you guys can help me.

Are they strict about the minimum grade requirement? My university employs a GPA grading system, similar to the US 4.0 scale. I admit I am not the best student, I have a 2.8 GPA which I'm trying to raise to 3.0-3.2 on my final year (still behind on the 3.8/4 they seek). I am also taking up additional courses for a Minor in Development Management certificate. On my 3rd year, I was granted an Erasmus Mundus scholarship and had the opportunity to co-author a paper on social innovation with my Dev. Econ professor. I also did extra-curricular work such as volunteering and internships focused on youth development, poverty alleviation in urban and indigenous peoples communities, etc.

Can someone share their thoughts on this, sort of give me a reality check on whether I should push through with an application? And if I should, how can I increase my chances of being considered in the program? Thanks a lot!

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.