Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    comment your opinions on my photography so i can improve?

http://justmollblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...otography.html
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Justmoll28)

It is honestly beautiful, especially the ones where there is some light and dark like the candles and the stain glass windows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    It is honestly beautiful, especially the ones where there is some light and dark like the candles and the stain glass windows
    aw thank you haha, i took them in paris inside the notre dame x

ReputationRep:
    They're really cool, nice stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelllowribbon)
    They're really cool, nice stuff!
    thank you, i really appreciate you having a look!x

ReputationRep:
    thank you, i really appreciate you having a look!x
    Lool I did AS photography, I feel like I'm starting to appreciate good photography

ReputationRep:

The ones on the bay are excellent. And the ones where you're close up to things looks great too. I wasn't a fan of the stained glass window one just because it didn't seem like their was much more to it than a tourists photo. I'm not trying to be be mean, just giving constructive criticism. If you have the opportunity, go back and do something interesting with the lighting, filter or angle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay_Gatsby123)
    The ones on the bay are excellent. And the ones where you're close up to things looks great too. I wasn't a fan of the stained glass window one just because it didn't seem like their was much more to it than a tourists photo. I'm not trying to be be mean, just giving constructive criticism. If you have the opportunity, go back and do something interesting with the lighting, filter or angle.
    I completely understand what you mean, the reason they are so 'touristy' is because i was on a class holiday in Paris and i wasnt really allowed to take pictures in there so i kind of snapped my camera as much as i could before i got caught just to show my family at home what it was like there, thank you for taking time to take a look though

ReputationRep:
    Lool I did AS photography, I feel like I'm starting to appreciate good photography
    I took all those when i did my AS too haha, my A2 kinda sucked because i lost interest haha

ReputationRep:
    I took all those when i did my AS too haha, my A2 kinda sucked because i lost interest haha
    We only did AS at my school, thought my photos were decent to be honest, ended up getting a B though The written statement things at the end of each unit we just too long, mine was complete bs xD

ReputationRep:
    We only did AS at my school, thought my photos were decent to be honest, ended up getting a B though The written statement things at the end of each unit we just too long, mine was complete bs xD
    yeah i know what you mean haha thats what put me off it, having to write why i edited everything and stuff, it took the fun out of it haha

ReputationRep:
    Your photos are very good, I especially like the one with the snail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Your photos are very good, I especially like the one with the snail
    haha thank you very much!!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty cool, especially the close up of the bread with all the detail

ReputationRep:
    Kiwi approves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Pretty cool, especially the close up of the bread with all the detail
    haha thank you, that was outside of a bakery shop in Paris!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome work, you have a great eye.
    I think what would make your photos a lot better is if you take the composition of the photo into consideration more. For example, i noticed that a lot of the photos had a few distracting elements in the background such as the photos from the beach/seaside. Think "what is my main focus of this photo" and take out everything that takes your eye away from that focus.

Hope i helped

ReputationRep:
    They're good, I'd try to find the main focus of some of the photos as they were a bit busy, overall though they were great.
    Extra points for being from yorkshire.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2015

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.