Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So i will be starting first year vet med this month at liverpool (woop woop!) and i saw on their website to buy green overalls, labcoat, wellies etc. my question is do we need to buy this stuff all before we start or can we wait a while?
    Also should i buy a pair of (smart) black trousers for work experience or are jeans ok?

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indianajones96)
    So i will be starting first year vet med this month at liverpool (woop woop!) and i saw on their website to buy green overalls, labcoat, wellies etc. my question is do we need to buy this stuff all before we start or can we wait a while?
    Also should i buy a pair of (smart) black trousers for work experience or are jeans ok?

thanks in advance
    If you want stuff cheaper, wait for the LUVS shop which will be done in the first week of uni.
    You do however need a lab coat if you don't already have one, and steel toe capped wellies as we don't provide them in the shop. You need the wellies for hacs at the beginning of term, and you have histology labs from the first/second week
    Doesn't matter what you wear for ems, I wear black leggings/ black jeans, but you can also wear jeans. As long as you don't look like a scruff it doesn't matter what you wear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizziefickling)
    If you want stuff cheaper, wait for the LUVS shop which will be done in the first week of uni.
    You do however need a lab coat if you don't already have one, and steel toe capped wellies as we don't provide them in the shop. You need the wellies for hacs at the beginning of term, and you have histology labs from the first/second week
    Doesn't matter what you wear for ems, I wear black leggings/ black jeans, but you can also wear jeans. As long as you don't look like a scruff it doesn't matter what you wear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    there's a shop? did not know that do you know where you can buy lab coat and wellies?
    ah okay thank you! haha got it!
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    there's a shop? did not know that do you know where you can buy lab coat and wellies?
    ah okay thank you! haha got it!
    thank you!
    It's a pop up shop which we do twice a year. Lloyd the society president hasn't emailed info out about it yet as I haven't set a date for sure for when it will happen. Wellies I got mine off amazon, you can get Dunlop steel toe capped ones and they are good for the job. Warning about them however, downsize massively. I'm a size 5 normally and I've got the size 3 wellies and they are still a tiny bit too big. Lab coat, I got mine from boc, but if you google howie style lab coat it'll come up with places to buy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so i will be starting first year vet med this month at liverpool (woop woop!) and i saw on their website to buy green overalls, labcoat, wellies etc. My question is do we need to buy this stuff all before we start or can we wait a while?

Thanks in advance
    jacamohhhh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 7, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.