Turn on thread page Beta

Help please watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Looking for help please....I left university for a year due to having a baby, I decided I did not want to persue the course I was on anymore and re applied for a course. I had already spoken to the course director before applying, so she already knew my situation. I accepted through UCAS and am just about to start on the 21st. However I received an alarming email off ucas verification saying if I did not provide them with certain details my application was going to be canceled. This was because I hadn't stated in my application I had already been to uni. I had to ask my college and school for confirmation of my results as UCAS accept that. They are both taking their time with this after me contacting them countless times. I rang UCAS to explain Friday and the woman I needed to speak to was out of the office. It is due to be sent in by the 7th. I am so worried they're going to cancel my application it's really worrying me...Any help on my situation would be extremely appreciated Thank you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Honestly it's going to be a case of wait and see because from UCAS' perspective you may have committed fraud (this is the case for not mentioning qualifications so I'd imagine it's the same for having previously attended uni), that said accepting you was at the university's discretion so if they knew your situation you should still have that place, same with student finance, as long as they've had the correct information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    Honestly it's going to be a case of wait and see because from UCAS' perspective you may have committed fraud (this is the case for not mentioning qualifications so I'd imagine it's the same for having previously attended uni), that said accepting you was at the university's discretion so if they knew your situation you should still have that place, same with student finance, as long as they've had the correct information.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes the uni knew all about it because it's the uni I had previously attended. I haven't received any qualifications having fell pregnant and taking a year out. It was all done in innocence and now I fear they are going to withdraw my application. I tried to speak to the woman who's dealing with it Friday and she was out of the office. I've even mailed her. I am trying to get the results it's just my college is proving difficult. I have no idea what to do.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by HazWillz)
    Thanks for the reply. Yes the uni knew all about it because it's the uni I had previously attended. I haven't received any qualifications having fell pregnant and taking a year out. It was all done in innocence and now I fear they are going to withdraw my application. I tried to speak to the woman who's dealing with it Friday and she was out of the office. I've even mailed her. I am trying to get the results it's just my college is proving difficult. I have no idea what to do.
    The point is more that you attended university at some point, even if you just registered and then dropped out on the first day of lectures it would still count as having attended university. Since some unis care about this UCAS also has to, that's where the problem lies.

If you're really worried about it try and contact the uni as well, after all it's at their discretion whether to accept and enrol you, not UCAS'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    The point is more that you attended university at some point, even if you just registered and then dropped out on the first day of lectures it would still count as having attended university. Since some unis care about this UCAS also has to, that's where the problem lies.

If you're really worried about it try and contact the uni as well, after all it's at their discretion whether to accept and enrol you, not UCAS'.

Yes spoken to my course director and they haven't heard of anything like this before and have said they have no problem on their side and that I am accepted and ready to start on 21st. I know I understand that. I just didn't realise that at the time and it's caused an issue.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.