Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Tomorrow will be my first day in sixth form, and it is starting to freak me out. I have no idea of what to expect, I literally don't even know if have the right stationary! 😂 Any tips (not just on stationary! About A-levels in general)?

ReputationRep:
    First of all, well done for making it this far you've done better than about 1/4 of my year in 2014 lol. Stationary wise you should be taking the same sort of thing that you took to secondary school e.g. pens, pencils, a ruler etc. You'd be smart in taking some highlighters with you as well as you'll need them when the going gets tough. You might have to bring a pad of paper too.

A level wise, Im sure a lot of people told you its going to be harder than GCSE. Sorry to say but they're right. You get a lot more freedom though such as free periods where you can relax with your friends or, by the end of the year, do some work. Its going to be a hard couple of years but if you enjoy your subjects, than it'll be so much better than secondary school!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.