Triple science

Watch this thread
mizan200
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
In triple science lets say i fail biolgy and chemistry but i pass Physics does it mean i passed science by fail i mean around a grade D and a C in physics
mizan200
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Also whats tthe best revision method past papers? In year 11 at the moment
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mizan200)
In triple science lets say i fail biolgy and chemistry but i pass Physics does it mean i passed science by fail i mean around a grade D and a C in physics
When you do Triple Science, each subject is completely independent.
There is no overall pass/fail for science.

I found that past papers are a good way to revise, but just use them to pinpoint your weaknesses.
Don't limit yourself to just PPs.
username2043477
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Ask your science teacher to borrow a copy of a Revision book for science (Core and Additional), Don't just do past papers as it does not allow you to fully improve your knowledge

Im also in year 11 btw.
earthworm
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
No it means you get a GCSE in physics and fail your GCSE in bio and chem. They are diferent subjects!
earthworm
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Download the markscheme for each past paper and pay particular attention to things that make you not get points

e.g if you say photosynthesis make energy from light it is marked as wrong because energy is not created just transformed from light into chemical.
Temp.
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Like Alexion said, all 3 sciences are separate subjects and marked individually. So, you'll have 3 separate grades for the 3 sciences in the end (3 GCSEs). I found the revision guide recommended by my school was very useful when I was revising for my triple science. I never actually found past papers that good of revision material but from what my friends said, the past papers were the best revision method for them. You should try out different revision methods and see which works best for you. Everyone learns/revises differently, so need methods that suit them best to remember the content for exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads