Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In triple science lets say i fail biolgy and chemistry but i pass Physics does it mean i passed science by fail i mean around a grade D and a C in physics

ReputationRep:
    Also whats tthe best revision method past papers? In year 11 at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizan200)
    In triple science lets say i fail biolgy and chemistry but i pass Physics does it mean i passed science by fail i mean around a grade D and a C in physics
    When you do Triple Science, each subject is completely independent.
    There is no overall pass/fail for science.

I found that past papers are a good way to revise, but just use them to pinpoint your weaknesses.
    Don't limit yourself to just PPs.

ReputationRep:
    Ask your science teacher to borrow a copy of a Revision book for science (Core and Additional), Don't just do past papers as it does not allow you to fully improve your knowledge

Im also in year 11 btw.

ReputationRep:
    No it means you get a GCSE in physics and fail your GCSE in bio and chem. They are diferent subjects!

ReputationRep:
    Download the markscheme for each past paper and pay particular attention to things that make you not get points

e.g if you say photosynthesis make energy from light it is marked as wrong because energy is not created just transformed from light into chemical.

ReputationRep:
    Like Alexion said, all 3 sciences are separate subjects and marked individually. So, you'll have 3 separate grades for the 3 sciences in the end (3 GCSEs). I found the revision guide recommended by my school was very useful when I was revising for my triple science. I never actually found past papers that good of revision material but from what my friends said, the past papers were the best revision method for them. You should try out different revision methods and see which works best for you. Everyone learns/revises differently, so need methods that suit them best to remember the content for exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.