Turn on thread page Beta

Biomedical Science to Medicine (GEM) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there I'm now in year 13 and I have come to the conclusion that medicine isn't for me this year :ashamed2:. I got BCDD (chemistry, biology, psychology, business) in AS. So I have decided to pursue GEM through Biomedical science ( I know it's very competitive). I'm planning to retake AS psychology (both modules) to bump up the D to at least a B/C. The universities I have chosen to do Biomedical science is Warwick, Queen Mary, Sussex, St Georges and Leicester ( all ABB ) In GCSE's 1A* 3As 4Bs 1C (in Spanish) if there's any other universities you think I should consider feel free to let me know. Or if these universities aren't right for me please let me know.

My question is do you think my best option is to apply to do biomed at these universities and try very hard to get 2:1 in biomedical science and see if these unis will consider transferring me to GEM? or should I take a gap year and resit some of my exams and try to get AAA , which I really don't want to do .

Moreover If I am going to do a Biomed personal statement is there anything in particular I should mention? for example I know in a medicine PS you should try to show how much you care bout patients etc.

and if anyone has gone through this route or a different route (pharmacology or other courses) to GEM please could you share your experience and what challenges you faced. It will really help.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.