Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my parents feel that I'm doing too much and that it could impact on my school work but I'm not sure.

I'm 15 and have just started year 11. I have my mocks in mid November and in the October half term I'm in florida for a school trip. I'm organising a black tie charity ball at the end of September which has taken a lot of commitment from myself and my parents.

This summer I became a Summer Reading Challenge volunteer but they thought I was good working with the children so want me to come back and help (details not worked out yet). They have also asked me to become a library event coordinator which won't take that much work just volunteering some weekends.

I have also just got a Saturday job. My hours haven't been worked out yet but its in a garden centre so the work will be hard and its in all weathers so it will be cold, wet and just not fun. However, I do need the money for various things so am willing to work.

I signed up a couple of months ago to become a young leader at a local brownie pack. This means I will be committing 1.5 hours every Wednesday after school (5:30-7)and may be asked to attend some weekend activities.

I'm also trying to do some courses through the website Future Learn which require around 3-6 hours of work each week.

I am also on prom committee at my school meaning I need to go to meetings etc in school time. (can I also note my school is a grammar school so there is more pressure on me)

I also want to sign up to volunteer in Costa Rica in summer 2017 and spaces go quick and I'll have to raise a lot of money myself to get there.

I also need to fit in work experience before the end of this school year because my last school day is 6th May and then I'm on study leave for a few weeks and then on the 12th July I'm going to Florida for 4 weeks.

Next summer I was also planning to do NCS for 4 weeks.

And as well as this I have everything to do with school and just normal teenagers worries.

I'm doing all these to enhance my CV and so I will (hopefully) stand out against other applicants.

Am I doing too much? Should I be more focused on my studies? I want to return to my schools sixth form and i have a guaranteed space as long as I back it up with the grades. Will my out of school activities distract me? I love being busy lol but I don't want it to impact on my GCSE results. I get very stressed very easily and worry it will all get too much and I do not want to quit in the middle of anything.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.