Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what subjects people who got Computer Science offers did at A level? Did a search but seem to be able to only find the general offer - AAA or whatever. I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and ICT onto A2, achieved an A in all of them - just a little close for Physics. If I were to get an offer would it be for x grades in any subjects I'm taking, or for specific (Maths + others)? People seem to be under the impression ICT isn't looked upon favourably (can see why) so would it count should I mess up physics?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am starting Computer Science MEng at Southampton this month. I did ICT, Maths and Psychology and achieved A*AB (in that order). Maths is one of their required A levels, so they will definitely look at that grade. I reckon they would definitely take the best 3 A level grades out of the 4 you are doing. I originally applied for the BSc course that requires AAA and they still let me in with A*AB, and I requested to change onto the MEng course after (Requirements are A*AA) and they still allowed me to transfer. So they can be quite lenient depending on the number of entries they receive that year and how well you do. This doesn't mean you should take things easily though, try your best and you can definitely achieve top grades for all of your subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clover126)
    Hi, I am starting Computer Science MEng at Southampton this month. I did ICT, Maths and Psychology and achieved A*AB (in that order). Maths is one of their required A levels, so they will definitely look at that grade. I reckon they would definitely take the best 3 A level grades out of the 4 you are doing. I originally applied for the BSc course that requires AAA and they still let me in with A*AB, and I requested to change onto the MEng course after (Requirements are A*AA) and they still allowed me to transfer. So they can be quite lenient depending on the number of entries they receive that year and how well you do. This doesn't mean you should take things easily though, try your best and you can definitely achieve top grades for all of your subjects
    Awesome, thanks The guy at the open day did say if you don't meet your offer they're quite lenient in letting you switch courses and stuff, sounds great to me :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 7, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.