Turn on thread page Beta

Why do girls feel it's acceptable to stare watch

Announcements

Seriously a few quick glances or a smile I can understand and actually quite enjoy. However what I'm talking about is when girls think it's perfectly acceptable to straight up stare with you even when you make eye contact with them. They usually make absolutely no attempt to speak to me and often don't even smile.

I understand guys do this as well and are probably worse than girls. The difference is guys generally view staring at girls for long periods of time as creepy behaviour and view other guys as creeps for acting like this. Girls seem to view it as perfectly normal and acceptable behaviour and giggle about it to their friends.

So my question is why do girls claim guys are pervs when they often do the exact same thing they complain about guys doing?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Seriously a few quick glances or a smile I can understand and actually quite enjoy. However what I'm talking about is when girls think it's perfectly acceptable to straight up stare with you even when you make eye contact with them. They usually make absolutely no attempt to speak to me and often don't even smile.

I understand guys do this as well and are probably worse than girls. The difference is guys generally view staring at girls for long periods of time as creepy behaviour and view other guys as creeps for acting like this. Girls seem to view it as perfectly normal and acceptable behaviour and giggle about it to their friends.

So my question is why do girls claim guys are pervs when they often do the exact same thing they complain about guys doing?
    The girls who are complaining about this are probably different girls to the ones staring. Or they're hypocrites.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    The girls who are complaining about this are probably different girls to the ones staring. Or they're hypocrites.
    That's the point I was making often the ones who stare themselves complain about being stared at

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 7, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.