Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    hmmmm, I would hardly call my personality exciting. Does anyone else think they are very exciting?
    yes

i am the most exciting person ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    My bf thinks Im at the gym lol
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    I just can't wait to move out of home and hopefully go to another university to study a masters and live in halls. I am really bored and studying now so I am doing half the stuff I do in university now even thogh I have finished.

Right now my social life is a mess which expalins why i have managed to make so many posts in such a short space of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I just can't wait to move out of home and hopefully go to another university to study a masters and live in halls. I am really bored and studying now so I am doing half the stuff I do in university now even thogh I have finished.

Right now my social life is a mess which expalins why i have managed to make so many posts in such a short space of time.
    you should not live at home, that the problem. your missing approx 40-60% of the uni experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    you should not live at home, that the problem. your missing approx 40-60% of the uni experience.
    I know, it was financial reasons at the time I couldn't justify borrowing an extra £6-£8k just to move out when the university that did the course I wanted to was only 5 miles away.

My social life is probably slowly starting to get worse again so I need to sort it out now. I only have one real friend, I some times go out with some people on my course at university but they are more mates i.e just people to hang around with although we do all get on very well.

ReputationRep:
    I know, it was financial reasons at the time I couldn't justify borrowing an extra £6-£8k just to move out when the university that did the course I wanted to was only 5 miles away.

My social life is probably slowly starting to get worse again so I need to sort it out now. I only have one real friend, I some times go out with some people on my course at university but they are more mates i.e just people to hang around with although we do all get on very well.
    what the difference between a mate and a friend though, i though they were the same? from what ive heard most of the mates you get at uni are from your accomodation (although some course aswell), so it is bad that you live at home. but if you do do a masters degree that will be good for you to live in halls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    what the difference between a mate and a friend though, i though they were the same? from what ive heard most of the mates you get at uni are from your accomodation (although some course aswell), so it is bad that you live at home. but if you do do a masters degree that will be good for you to live in halls.
    To me a freind is somebody that genuinly cares, will go on holiday with you etc, nown for a while, totally trust were as a mate as a somebody you can have a laugh with and get on with but probably would fall out if you lived or went on holiday with them.

I am so scared of the thought of moving into a hall but its somthing I think I have to for myself. I can't hide on the internet for ever.

ReputationRep:
    Also if you keep this up you may loose a red gem.

ReputationRep:
    Also if you keep this up you may loose a red gem.
    haha maybe

i think you are right about the mates/friends thing. altho most of my mates are friends aswell, but some are not. everyone has to move out and be independant and i think however much people say its not, it is a big thing for most people. so your no different than anyone else but its got to be done sometime.

ReputationRep:
    Yep I use the financial thing as an excuse but I no deep down the only reason I didn't move out was because I was scared to death of the tought of it, I would miss all my little luxeries for a start.

I will have to work for a year anyway first to be able to pay for it. I just have a horrible feeling I will end up at TVU for some reason though:confused:

ReputationRep:
    AT ofcourse u have missed out on the University experience a bit by living at home. However there is no time for regrets. U have to try ur best to be optimistic. Its never to late to build a social life, and I know its far too easy for people to say "just go out, join a club" cos it isnt. U will have to make the effort mate, people wont just decide to speak to you. I obviously dont know you as a person, but maybe u need to be more out going, speak to more people whatever, thats not for me to decide though.

I do know u dont sound happy with your life on the whole (well maybe parts of it) am I wrong?

S

ReputationRep:
    I am not really happy deep down but I just try and hide it, this site is my escape from real life which I do not like.

Artists such as Morrisey escape it in their music, I have no talent so I escape it on here. The route of it all goes back a good ten years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I am here because I am addicted to UKL, it is such a great place.
    I'm here because I started coming on during a looong cold boring winter when all my friends and my boyfriend went to uni and I was stuck here before I made different ones. Now I've made different ones I come on when I'm bored and to look at Durham stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I am not really happy deep down but I just try and hide it, this site is my escape from real life which I do not like.

Artists such as Morrisey escape it in their music, I have no talent so I escape it on here. The route of it all goes back a good ten years.
    I know this is a strange question but when you're at uni do you think you look happy? Because people are naturally drawn to a smiley person, no one wants to talk to a grumpy man.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, if your on here cos it makes u forget about things u dont want to remember; it will really only get worse and not better I think. It is a really difficult problem to overcome, and I think most people wont like to admit these "social problems" half of the time. Others might feel they are not part of any group, whatever. If you want to get out of this rut though I suggest talking to more people, maybe work on improving your confidence www.bbc.co.uk/onelife ; there are lots of good tips on there. I dont like talking about myself on here cos just a personal preference but I had fairly severe acne until 16/17 and it really knocked me as a person, luckly when it cleared up, my confidence came back with me - so thats just really how I can cloesest relate to what your feeling. Don't know if this is any use though.

Chin up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    I know this is a strange question but when you're at uni do you think you look happy? Because people are naturally drawn to a smiley person, no one wants to talk to a grumpy man.
    I am moody I think the word is, one minute I can be quite depressed the next I am bouncy and and making people laugh with my ludicicerous(sp) random remarks usualy down to my sexual innocence.

SM - Yeah its that kind of thing that has knocked my confidence, acne (which is clearing up) and other things. Its not that Iam not confident, I went up to Stephen Morris (the drummer form Joy Divsion/New Order) in a night club and had a conversation with him.

I think the problem is I am not good in big groups partly because of my hearing problem. I prefer much smaller groups which means it harder to make friends if that makes sense.

On the night bus on the way home I am often the one of the people making mad drunken conversations. Yet some how I am also very shy and quiet. Its odd.

ReputationRep:
    I've been spending more time here since I've been off for study leave, because the only person I see apart from my family is my boyfriend. I don't really have time to arrange stuff with other people at the moment. While I like my family and boyfriend, I miss actually talking to and seeing other people. The internet is a somewhat substitute.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.