Further Maths

Watch this thread
King Of Domains
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
what exams or how many units do you need to do to have an A-level in further maths?
pippabethan
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
3 units for core maths, plus 3 for further maths, so six exams per year. You have to do some particular units (C1, C2, FP1 in 1st year) but the other 3 are chosen by the teacher
King Of Domains
Rep:
(Original post by pippabethan)
3 units for core maths, plus 3 for further maths, so six exams per year. You have to do some particular units (C1, C2, FP1 in 1st year) but the other 3 are chosen by the teacher
i've already finished core maths(C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, D1) and have an A and now i wanna do 2 years in 1 for further so does that mean i still have to do 12 exams?
nucdev
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by King Of Domains)
i've already finished core maths(C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, D1) and have an A and now i wanna do 2 years in 1 for further so does that mean i still have to do 12 exams?
You've already got an A-Level in Maths unless I'm misreading it.
You just need another 6 modules to get Further Maths.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
6 altogether (12 if you plan on ddoing additional further maths).
troubadour.
Badges: 19
Report 6 years ago
Probably not if you stick with the same exam board... As far as I know people who did further maths in my school did FP1, FP2, FP3, M3, S3 and one other exam (I think) over two years. I'm hoping to do further maths during my gap year so I do wanna watch this thread as I don't know the first thing about how it works either.
King Of Domains
Rep:
(Original post by nucdev)
You've already got an A-Level in Maths unless I'm misreading it.
You just need another 6 modules to get Further Maths.
do you have to do all the FP's (as in FP1, FP2 and FP3) i heard you can do FP1 and one other only if you want?
nucdev
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
do you have to do all the FP's (as in FP1, FP2 and FP3) i heard you can do FP1 and one other only if you want?
You don't have to do FP3.

I remember doing FP1, FP2, M2, M3, S2 and D1 for the further maths bit.
King Of Domains
Rep:
(Original post by kkboyk)
6 altogether (12 if you plan on ddoing additional further maths).
"additional further maths" i've never heard of that one
nucdev
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Yup a total of 18 maths modules.

Very few people do it - cousin of mine did though. Went on to study maths at Cambridge.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
Basically its an extra Maths A-level where you do thw remaining applied modules e.g. S3-5, M3-5
username1599987
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Summary:
Maths A-level: C1,C2,C3,C4, two more applied. You have to have ALL of these to have the A level
Further Maths A-level: FP1, FP2 OR FP3, any four modules of your choice. Like if you want to do all the FP's, you definitely can.
Additional Further Maths: Any six modules that you haven't done for the other A levels.

what exams or how many units do you need to do to have an A-level in further maths?
RK1998
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
To have a grade in FM you have to do 6 modules including FP1 and FP2. While you can choose the other 4 modules.. They could be any from: FP3,FP4,M1-M5, S1-S4, D1-D3 (excluding the ones you already did at A Level Maths)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (55)
16.52%
The paper was reasonable (165)
49.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (80)
24.02%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
9.91%

Watched Threads