Turn on thread page Beta

Fell on elbow 6 weeks ago. It's still bruised and sore. Could it be broken? watch

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise there was water on my kitchen floor and I slipped backwards. I put my elbows out to cushion my fall and I ended up with a nasty bang. One elbow got only a scroae but i was winded, brushed my thighs nod the other elbow was red and sore. Not much swelling though.

It turned to a big purple bruise and eventually faded to a black bruise.

6 weeks later though and There is still a small black bruise And slightly sore to the touch. It's been exactly the same for the last three weeks.

I can move my elbow fine. I don't want to bother the GP if it's normal. Does this sound normal to you? How would I know if it was broken without an x ray, what are the symptoms?

ReputationRep:
    Probably a bone bruise, lasts (and hurts) for much longer than an ordinary bruise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cressandra)
    How would I know if it was broken without an x ray, what are the symptoms?
    Well you wouldn't be able to move your elbow fine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.