Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On wednesday im starting a level 3 extended diploma in animal management, has anyone else here done/is doing the same course, if so, what is it like? what are your favourite and least favourite aspects of the course? where did you have your work placement? how are you graded and how hard is it to get D's and D*s?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I've just started this course. Inbox me if you want

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I just finished the Level 3 this year and have now moved on to Level 5.

Overall I enjoyed it and I found the content genuinely interesting. I enjoyed the science based units, as well as the animal handling.

The only unit I would say I really didn't like was the business one just because I found the topic dull but I can understand why its useful to have.

I had my work placement in a veterinary practice. We had to do it for at least 6 days in our second year and we had no classes on Tuesdays so we could do it then. Unfortunately they couldn't have me for more than 6 days so its all I could do but I'm glad I did it!

Overall, I got D*D*D and I was quite disappointed I didn't get the last D*! I had a fair few merits in second year though and two in the first year. I found some modules fairly straightforward to get a D in, especially Investigative Project, Work Placement, Business which is mostly just puting things together. The science ones are a bit harder but it depends how much you enjoy them too and I think it depends on your tutors because I had one that gave us so much in the way of notes but also another one who just always did powerpoints and never gave us notes or time to copy them down, more like a lecture.

It might take you a wee while to get the feel of it with assignments and things but overall I enjoyed it much more than school and I did far better than I ever have in exams!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.