Turn on thread page Beta

Which taxi company is cheaper in London? watch

ReputationRep:
    Uber or Addison Lee? Or are they both quite similar prices? I'm used to going with Addison Lee but I know quite a few people go with Uber and I'm not sure if it's because it's cheaper?

ReputationRep:
    Addison Lee are just as cheap and imo much better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbuttercup)
    Uber or Addison Lee? Or are they both quite similar prices? I'm used to going with Addison Lee but I know quite a few people go with Uber and I'm not sure if it's because it's cheaper?
    Addison Lee is muuuuch more expensive than Uber! That is no doubt! With Uber I got from central London to Heathow for 35 pounds and it was 80 with Addison Lee. In fact I used Addison Lee quite a lot, as the service was and is still great! I never had conflicts with drivers. But when Uber launched, I shifted towards it! If you are price sensitive then Uber is the first choice for sure.
    However, one issue with the Uber is that only advance payments by credit cards from the mobile app are accepted. I used to have a problem with the App, so I couldn't order a car! Make sure in advance that mobile application is properly working, especially if you need a car urgently!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Igor_Sukhorukov)
    Addison Lee is muuuuch more expensive than Uber! That is no doubt! With Uber I got from central London to Heathow for 35 pounds and it was 80 with Addison Lee. In fact I used Addison Lee quite a lot, as the service was and is still great! I never had conflicts with drivers. But when Uber launched, I shifted towards it! If you are price sensitive then Uber is the first choice for sure.
    However, one issue with the Uber is that only advance payments by credit cards from the mobile app are accepted. I used to have a problem with the App, so I couldn't order a car! Make sure in advance that mobile application is properly working, especially if you need a car urgently!
    At least Addison lee drivers have half a clue where they're going...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=spurs9393;59237201]At least Addison lee drivers have half a clue where they're going...

No, I totally agree that Addison Lee drivers are better! I mentioned before that they provide a good service. Furthermore, I guess that Uber drivers are like robots, not humans tbh!=)
    But, as I understood, the author of the post wanted to know which company is cheaper.
    Spurs9393, do you agree that Addison Lee is more expensive than Uber?

ReputationRep:
    Uber are cheaper than Addison Lee. However, I only rarely get taxis so I use AL when I do:

- Their drivers know where they're going
    - Their drivers definitely have insurance
    - The above gives me more peace of mind.

If I was having to use taxis daily or to cove large distances I'd probably use Uber out of necessity.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.