Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got the option to take for my further maths units:
    - s3 and d1
    - s3 and m3
    - m3 and d1
    I currently do OCR MEI, so any advice on any of these modules (difficulty, past papers) would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    m3 is more interesting. S3 is mainly for those who are not able or fond of problem solving and thinking hard, as it is a lot of routine and tedious processes. I would choose m3 if you're up for a challenge and are genuinely happy and good with harder maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buses)
    m3 is more interesting. S3 is mainly for those who are not able or fond of problem solving and thinking hard, as it is a lot of routine and tedious processes. I would choose m3 if you're up for a challenge and are genuinely happy and good with harder maths.
    What about d1? Would I have a harder time doing both m3 and s3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boruto)
    What about d1? Would I have a harder time doing both m3 and s3?
    If you want to make life easy for yourself, I would say S3 and D1.
    If you want to maximise your chance of getting a good grade; again, I would say S3 and D1.
    However, like Buses said; if you're up for the challenge and/or you're planning to do something like Engineering at Uni, doing M3 would help a lot.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 9, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.