Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm 18, 6th form student starting my A2s, going in a year to uni. My parents live in Poland, I have been living with my guardians last 2.5 years which are not directly related to me. I want to move out with my friend to a flat. If I move out from my guardians, am I automatically eligible for the income support benefit? It states:
    Also, you qualify if you’re aged 19 or younger, in full-time secondary education (including A levels) and one of the following:
    • a parent
    • not living with a parent or someone acting as a parent
    • a refugee learning English

https://www.gov.uk/income-support/eligibility

* I work over 16 hours a week, is it a problem even if I qualify it for it this way?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You have to work under 16 hours per week for income support.

ReputationRep:
    Even if I'm still an A level student in a full time education?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yes. In order to claim income support, you have to work under 16 hours, regardless of your other situations.

ReputationRep:
    So, as long as I would average less than 16 hours a week I would qualify for it?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.