Anyone about to start these A- Levels?

Watch
PityParty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Heya,
Im doing Economics, Maths, Psychology and Biology and just want to know if anyone is doing anything simular?
hannb98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PityParty)
Heya,
Im doing Economics, Maths, Psychology and Biology and just want to know if anyone is doing anything simular?
Im starting A2s, but did economics, psychology and biology last year - any questions?
Samonia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Heya,
I'm resitting year 12 and did AS Bio and Maths last year. Bio is the only AS im taking to A2 and i love it so interesting Maths and me never really got on and be prepared for less numbers more letters. Stats was my saving grace for AS maths but my friend hated it. it depends on the person i think. Im doing AS Psychology this year and i already really like it do you like these subjects?
PityParty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Samonia)
I'm resitting year 12 and did AS Bio and Maths last year. Bio is the only AS im taking to A2 and i love it so interesting Maths and me never really got on and be prepared for less numbers more letters. Stats was my saving grace for AS maths but my friend hated it. it depends on the person i think. Im doing AS Psychology this year and i already really like it do you like these subjects?
So far yes, however taking up psychology was a last minute decision for me
PityParty
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannb98)
Im starting A2s, but did economics, psychology and biology last year - any questions?
Yes, but it depends on what board you did?
Flozzie543
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing psychology
hannb98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, but it depends on what board you did?
OCR econ and psych, WJEC bio
RK1998
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing Maths/further maths and economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
PityParty
Rep:
?
OCR econ and psych, WJEC bio
Great, I looked at the new OCR specification and the grade boundries arent very clear, I dont know if its because of the new linear courses (or my reading skills! ) so if you can give me some clude on how it worked out last year for you?? :confused::confused:
hannb98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Great, I looked at the new OCR specification and the grade boundries arent very clear, I dont know if its because of the new linear courses (or my reading skills! ) so if you can give me some clude on how it worked out last year for you?? :confused::confused:
What are you confused over? I can't remember ever having a problem or them being much different to any other exam board?
PityParty
Rep:
?
What are you confused over? I can't remember ever having a problem or them being much different to any other exam board?
Its bascially saying that I can only get an A overall at AS but not A*, but can be achieved if I do A2 as well.
Samonia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its bascially saying that I can only get an A overall at AS but not A*, but can be achieved if I do A2 as well.
You can't get an A* at AS level. the highest grade for AS is an A. A* is a grade that is added in A2.
hannb98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yep, an A is the top grade as AS level. Do well enough at AS and then can reach an A* at A2
PityParty
Rep:
?
Yep, an A is the top grade as AS level. Do well enough at AS and then can reach an A* at A2
Okay so this wont effedct my uni application and UCAS in any way?
hannb98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Okay so this wont effedct my uni application and UCAS in any way?
Nope it's the way every exam board works, its normal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (78)
14.08%
I'm not sure (24)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (177)
31.95%
I have already dropped out (11)
1.99%
I'm not a current university student (264)
47.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed