Turn on thread page Beta

What to do about people who are not at my level? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The people on this forum, a forum of intellectual winners, must have this problem all the time.

You're at some social thing. And someone starts talking to you. You make a witty remark or use a slightly complex argument - they're completely lost.

How do you deal with it?

ReputationRep:
    It would probably be a woman, so I'd **** punt her.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Come on take the bait you feminazi's

ReputationRep:
    Not make intellectual jokes that no one else understands because I'm not a prat who thinks being smart and belittling people makes me better than everyone else...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battycatlady)
    Not make intellectual jokes that no one else understands because I'm not a prat who thinks being smart and belittling people makes me better than everyone else...?
    ...And not turn up at some social thing in the first place. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    How about... In the realm of reality they thought your joke was ****. And that's why they gave the look and made the quick escape. As you stood there *schnort schnort sniff sniff I'm so funny, aghehaghehagheh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dingooose)
    ...And not turn up at some social thing in the first place. :cool:
    Well there's that, if you're not the sociable sort :P

But I am
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Perhaps they have real humour....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    How about... In the realm of reality they thought your joke was ****. And that's why they gave the look and made the quick escape. As you stood there *schnort schnort sniff sniff I'm so funny, aghehaghehagheh*
    Nah, they didn't try and leave. They kept talking useless ****. If they just left, that'd be awesome init

ReputationRep:
    I find i am in that position a lot. I am intellectually superior to 99% of people i associate with daily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElephantMemory)
    I find i am in that position a lot. I am intellectually superior to 99% of people i associate with daily.
    Number of people you associate with daily: 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    The people on this forum, a forum of intellectual winners, must have this problem all the time.

You're at some social thing. And someone starts talking to you. You make a witty remark or use a slightly complex argument - they're completely lost.

How do you deal with it?
    I would try to improve my social skills

Spoiler:
    Show
    be more funny

ReputationRep:
    Just shmoney away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battycatlady)
    Really, making "intellectual" jokes is assuming a mutual level of understanding and intellect. It's the opposite of arrogance. You're the one who's walking around thinking you need to modify your behaviour because you are far too smart for the average person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadez)
    Number of people you associate with daily: 0
    Good one.

Do you want to debate something with me? I will intellectually dominate you in any debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElephantMemory)
    Good one.

Do you want to debate something with me? I will intellectually dominate you in any debate.
    Nah, I'd rather not be "intellectually dominated".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadez)
    Nah, I'd rather not be "intellectually dominated".
    No surprise to see you back out. Go back to middle class street fam.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.