The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

does anybody know what the nature of separatism means, because it hasnt been asked before and i feel like its likely to come up??
pleaseeeeee can someone tell me what you think will come up? any predictions at all would help so much !!!
Original post by parfh
thank you, that's really kind! hope tomorrow goes well for you, you have obviously done a lot of work!:smile:)

You too, yeh haha i've just scared myself into doing loads because i feel like it's going to be quite a hard one tomorrow, AQA aren't holding back this year
What would you talk about for sustainable tourism 40 marker? Surely it's too small of a topic for 40 marks but someone said it will come up? Could you bring in the other development issues e.g. trade vs aid? Please help
Original post by ga7798
You too, yeh haha i've just scared myself into doing loads because i feel like it's going to be quite a hard one tomorrow, AQA aren't holding back this year

Arent holding back based on what?
does anybody know what the nature of separatism means, because it hasnt been asked before and i feel like its likely to come up??
Has anyone got the mark scheme for the "Evaluate how plate tectonics theory helps our understanding of the distribution of seismic and volcanic events"? Its the first ive heard of it even existing as a question today
Original post by Luis Suarez
Arent holding back based on what?

My aqa as french resit exam had a2 level questions in it, and my friend doing maths aqa said his exam was difficult too and set out differently, could just be coincidence but who knows
Reply 1788
Original post by cmcl
Hi guys, so i've been looking at predictions and done a few 8/10 mark answers to the most common ones for tectonics and development.

If anyone has anymore questions/answers that please please share them! You can even add them to the document and reupload (just let me know if you do so)! Also if anyone has any ways of making this answers better please let me know too!

Hopefully these can help and lets pray AQA is nice to us :frown:

I can't see them.... Can you email me the document please?
HELP!

So to get level 4 on the 40 marker (31-40 marks) you need your answer to be ''fully synoptic"
If someone could explain to me fully what that means with examples (I'm doing plate tectonics for my 40 marker btw) that'd be a life saver!! Thanks!!
what is an example of a 40 mark question to do with the processes of urbanisation for world cities
Reply 1791
Original post by mightyayres
what is an example of a 40 mark question to do with the processes of urbanisation for world cities

It could say somthing like 'examine the causes and effects of urbanisation processes'
Original post by Idolo123
HELP!

So to get level 4 on the 40 marker (31-40 marks) you need your answer to be ''fully synoptic"
If someone could explain to me fully what that means with examples (I'm doing plate tectonics for my 40 marker btw) that'd be a life saver!! Thanks!!

Synopticity basically refers to using aspects of unit 1 geography and unit 2 geography. For example, referring to Indonesia having a high population density which accounts for its high number of deaths, you'd be using a synoptic aspect from unit 1 populations.
Original post by SJJ97
It could say somthing like 'examine the causes and effects of urbanisation processes'

how would you make that synoptic, i mean you could go through the 4 case studies but what else?
Reply 1794
how would you make that synoptic, i mean you could go through the 4 case studies but what else?

Honesty I don't know?

Thank you! Just struggling how I can be synoptic with plate tectonics theory if it comes up? Any help? :frown:
Original post by HarryPea122
Does anyone else feel really worried anout this exam even though they are predicted at least a B and have revised lots?

Mate I know exactly how you feel, I've revised load but still so worried
Please someone help for a 40 mark sustainable tourism?
For a 10m planning and management question on world cities, how much background information would you give? Would you just say why it is a problem? Or also reasons behind the rapid urbanisation?
What are predictions for weather and climate short questions?

Quick Reply

Latest