The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Digital Media MA, is it good?

Hello, i am an international student interested in the Digital Media MA course.

Modules are very interesting, anyone here attended the course? is it good or not?
Original post by Razer(x)
Hello, i am an international student interested in the Digital Media MA course.

Modules are very interesting, anyone here attended the course? is it good or not?

Hello, just seen your post and thought I'd share my thoughts with you, to see if I can help at all.

My name's Simon and I'm currently studying an MA at London Met, I also do a bit of part time work for the uni in their marketing department (hence the official-looking avatar and formal username). The course I'm studying is a Social Sciences and Humanities course. Consequently it's part of the same faculty you would be at, if you did decide to join us at London Met.

I'm in a position, having studied my undergrad degree at the University of Birmingham, of being able to compare London Met to another institution and it, although a very different experience, compares more than favourably: I have relished the opportunity to anchor my learning in a city as vibrant and diverse as London and the breadth of life-experience within the student body and in the lecture theatre has made for some very engaging and mind-expanding seminar discussions. I have found, without exception, the lecturers to have a great blend of professional knowledge and a friendly, approachable style. They seem to sit comfortably in a space somewhere between "a sage on the stage" and a "guiding mentor".

Obviously, I haven't studied the course itself, but I am in the fortunate position having met with the MA student who stars in the video below: here he shares his experience on the course and talks a little about a great project he embarked on as part of one of his modules:

[video="youtube;fifK4SAl1CE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fifK4SAl1CE[/video]

You can read a bit more about his project on the news story on the London Met website.

Hopefully my having commented here will also give your post a 'bump' resulting in some current students/graduates from the course will see it and share their personal experiences and thoughts on the course.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Kind regards,
Simon
(edited 8 years ago)
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending