Why I think the "free the nipple" movement is stupid

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Flozzie543
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Women's breasts are completely different to men's. They have a purpose, they are sexual and they change and develop over time. They have ALWAYS been a sexual part of the female anatomy.
Assuming it worked- how would it empower women in ANY way? They would complain because men would stare (lets face it, they would) and the result would not help society view and treat women as equals.
So why are so many women fighting for the legislation of nipples to be shown in public and on social media? It's unbelievably stupid. Why not fight for the women in the world who can't get an education? The women who are seen a property of their husband, and can be freely beaten/raped by them? I feel those are the ones who need feminism more than we do, why don't we draw attention to their issues?
Gaming_Hippy
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Isn't that how the world works? no ones ever happy because someone can do something and they can't. i always seen it as people simply wanting to complain about something. i mean if we said tomorrow that it was fine for women to be topless in public how many of them do you thing would do it? rather they would most likely complain about being stared at.
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
My opinion is that where it is acceptable for a man to be topless, it should be for women. On a beach for example.

It means there are some places where I think men should cover up as well as women.
bassbabe
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Feminists protesting over bull**** as usual. One minute it's ban page 3 then it's free the nipple. Lol
X
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (17)
27.42%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (31)
50%
First aid skills (3)
4.84%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.61%
Sign language (8)
12.9%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.61%

Watched Threads