Awesome Genius
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Its OK if you're old.

But if you're under the age of 50 and you're driving around slowly and blocking me, I am very angry with you.

Slow drivers are bad people.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
And fast drivers tend to have crashes and kill people... which is why your insurance is astronomically high.

Drive safely!
arfah
Badges: 16
Report 5 years ago
I need to drive slower!
kendellex
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have absolutely no problem with new drivers driving slowly.
They need to feel comfortable at a certain speed before they go faster

Posted from TSR Mobile
pmprin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is such an immature concept, no wonder young drivers are accident prone and make the price of insurance for the rest of us ridiculous.
I don't drive ridiculously slow by any means, but if you're in a 30 zone...30 is the maximum, not the target or a rough guide.
GodAtum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Awesome Genius)
Its OK if you're old.

But if you're under the age of 50 and you're driving around slowly and blocking me, I am very angry with you.

Slow drivers are bad people.
What is slow? At the speed limit? I hate people who tailgate. I'm driving along at around 30 in a 30 zone. No-one behind me. A few seconds later I look in my mirror and there's someone an inch from my bumper. Where the **** did you come from!
somethingbeautiful
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GodAtum)
What is slow? At the speed limit? I hate people who tailgate. I'm driving along at around 30 in a 30 zone. No-one behind me. A few seconds later I look in my mirror and there's someone an inch from my bumper. Where the **** did you come from!
Yeah this. I drive down a long country lane at night to get home. It's full of dips, hills, blind bends and side roads with poor visibility. It's got a 50mph speed limit which I'll do if it's clear and dry but if if muggy/rainy I ease off and at night when I drive home I do 40mph. People seem to forget that it's a speed limit not a speed target and the highway code advises to do less than the limit if conditions require it. So getting someone right up to your bumper when you're doing the limit in good conditions or less than in bad conditions is really infuriating - especially at night because their headlights are blinding in your mirrors.
Twinpeaks
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're ridiculous.
Awesome Genius
Rep:
?
Cant believe all the slow drivers here...
Lady Comstock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There's nothing wrong with being cautious and taking things slowly on the road. Slow and steady wins the race.
bealetthembe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not a slow driver, but I always get called one whenever I'm driving my friends around because I'm careful at traffic lights and like to check carefully when turning etc. Personally, its better to be safe than sorry
Awesome Genius
Rep:
?
Perfect weather, straight single lane road. national speed limit and they're doing 45-50. Not cool.
GodAtum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I hate people who cannot overtake. If you want to drive faster just go around me!
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Perfect weather, straight single lane road. national speed limit and they're doing 45-50. Not cool.
Perfect weather, straight single lane road, national speed limit yet some a-hole decided to drive like an arse and ended up crashing, killing and injuring several other people and closing the road for most of the day meaning thousands of other motorists got stuck in traffic or had long detours.

Seriously not cool... and all for want of gaining a few minutes to their destination.
bailfire
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Recently passed my test like 2 months ago, I have noticed the opposite tbh..around 80% of the people on the roads in London drive much too fast. Recently, I was on the motorway..speed limit 50. I was doing around 65. And literally around 50 cars overtook me in the space of 20 minutes
Lyrical Prodigy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're one of those annoying wannabee F1 drivers then :eviltongue:

Drive slower stay safe :cool:
RussMack
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Agree, I live in the Peak District so it is impossible to get anywhere without national speed limit roads, almost just as impossible to get anywhere without grandma Jill or grandad Harry giving their brakes a good old test at the sight of a tree (the Peak District has many).
If there's am opportunity to go past I do, don't fancy growing a beard in the time it takes to get anywhere, trying to keep this clean shaven look going strong.

P.s. I'm a motorbiker

Posted from TSR Mobile
CAElite
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by somethingbeautiful)
Yeah this. I drive down a long country lane at night to get home. It's full of dips, hills, blind bends and side roads with poor visibility. It's got a 50mph speed limit which I'll do if it's clear and dry but if if muggy/rainy I ease off and at night when I drive home I do 40mph. People seem to forget that it's a speed limit not a speed target and the highway code advises to do less than the limit if conditions require it. So getting someone right up to your bumper when you're doing the limit in good conditions or less than in bad conditions is really infuriating - especially at night because their headlights are blinding in your mirrors.

You ARE doing the right thing in driving to your own judgment and ability however if someone is confident going at or over the limit in adverse conditions they could either be;
A. An idiot
B. A far more experienced driver, potentially in a vehicle geared far better for the conditions and roads than yours.

In both of these cases it is advised in the highway code (Code 169) that you pull in and let faster traffic pass when it is safe (i.e large quiet junction or layby) I speak from experience of driving certain NSL b-roads nearly every day of my life for 2-3 years in various vehicles & I find I can confidently go a lot quicker than I used to even in ****ty weather simply because I know the road well enough that Im not really at risk of getting caught out by an unexpected crest or tightening corner.

I mean this in a nice way, Dont be a self righteous prick . Unless you are trained to a high standard and are in a position to pass judgement on other drivers (e.g you are a trained police pursuit driver) dont try to forcefully exert your will on other road users regardless if its what you personally feel is safe as all this will do is cause frustration for yourself and other road users which is the biggest cause of accidents on rural roads.
JD1lla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
.......I'm a cyclist.

Come at me. Or on me. Whatever.
RussMack
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JD1lla)
.......I'm a cyclist.

Come at me. Or on me. Whatever.
Not sure why cyclists get such bad press, people seem to aim their anger at people who know how to use the road correctly to hide their own sh*tty driving, these people need to chill and learn how to drive and not attack you guys
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.64%
I'm not sure (2)
1.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (35)
29.66%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (56)
47.46%

Watched Threads