Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I had an interview two weeks ago and yesterday I received a call and they offered me the job and that I have an induction soon. I just wanted to know what happens during an induction at Vue, how long it lasts and also what to wear! Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    What do the staff at Vue wear? Wear that. You will be given information and training on all the dull formalities of working at Vue including fire procedure, health and safety and the like + any specific things you need to be aware of for the job. How long will it last? Why not ring up and ask?

Good luck and have fun!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Black shirt, black trousers and formal shoes they said. Need to collect a folder from them tomorrow. Can't wait to start!

ReputationRep:
    For the references, I've worked properly at my dad's business. Would I be allowed to use him as a reference as he was my boss, I've only worked for a week unpaid work's experience (through school) at three other businesses, two of which were five years ago and the other was last year. I don't think they'll even remember me tbh. Could I use a teacher instead?

ReputationRep:
    Yes using teachers is fine. Should be previous employer or lecturer/teacher....

ReputationRep:
    How long did ur first induction day last? I have an induction at york one on Monday starting at 6pm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopho20199)
    How long did ur first induction day last? I have an induction at york one on Monday starting at 6pm...
    Hi. It lasted around 2 and a half hours though we did have a 20 minute or so break in between. It was mainly filling in paperwork, going through the different policies, asking any questions you may have and doing the mini tests as well as the tour of the cinema. Hope you enjoy yours!

ReputationRep:
    That's great not as long as I expected. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was hoping for some advice vue don't even offer me a interview when I apply. Do you know how I can make a good application so they will interview me at the least? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopho20199)
    That's great not as long as I expected. Thank you
    No problem! Hope it goes well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_u_jelly)
    Hey, I was hoping for some advice vue don't even offer me a interview when I apply. Do you know how I can make a good application so they will interview me at the least? Thanks
    Think experience with customers is the fundamental thing as you'll be dealing with customers face to face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thequackingduck)
    Well I had an interview two weeks ago and yesterday I received a call and they offered me the job and that I have an induction soon. I just wanted to know what happens during an induction at Vue, how long it lasts and also what to wear! Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking how much is the £/hour at Vue in your current branch?

I heard it was £5.13/hour for under 18 and £6.50/h for over 21s.
    That seems like a massive undercut considering most retail jobs pay £6.50-8.00/hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    If you don't mind me asking how much is the £/hour at Vue in your current branch?

I heard it was £5.13/hour for under 18 and £6.50/h for over 21s.
    That seems like a massive undercut considering most retail jobs pay £6.50-8.00/hour.
    It's £5.13/hour for under 21 and £6.50/hour for 21+

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.