Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys im into my first year of my law degree, im a mature student hoping to become a solicitor and my finances are not that great at the moment (nothing major, ive enterd into a debt management to help me keep on top). In the next few months i should be back to normal.

Now i woke up this morning suddenly realising this may affect me and looking up the requirements of the LPC is does include bad finances being a rejection from the course. It doesnt go into great detail but mentions bankrupcy which im a long, long way off from. By the time i finish in three years and go to apply for the LPC my finances will be spot on (apart from student loan debt lol). So i supoose my question is, will this small bump in my finances affecty future as a Solicitor or do the SRA just look at your current financial situation at the time of applying?

Any help from anyone knowledgeable about this would be great, im stressing out here!

ReputationRep:
    Well that is certainly a relief, thankyou pp93 for your reply

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.