The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="crazycrazy;62294361"]Ok thanks. My interview is tomorrow at 12.15. No I've just been practicing normal questions[/QUOTE
Best of luck tomorrow, do you know the format of the morning? Is it an easy you write? Hope it goes well for you tomorrow,
Original post by weepingwillows
Has anyone done the numeracy test at kingston yet ? Any tips ?

Go through the Kingston practice paper online very very well and then practice other examples of the questions they have on that. I found knowing all of the ways to do the calculations helped me immensely for their test as it is non-calc
Finally had my interview for my first choice uni for adult nursing this Monday (25th Jan). I am very pleased with how it went! :smile: it is for the September 2016 intake.

However we only find out if we have an offer in May which is so long away ._. I was wondering how they seem to work this out. If they decide and send out the answer in May surely they would forget a lot of the applicants and how well they did? Or do they decide right after you have been interviewed and then only tell you the outcome in May? Quite curious, as this is different to the other uni's I apply for in which they can tell you the outcome much sooner.

My interview email said this:
- Candidates for Adult and Mental Health nursing who perform exceptionally well may be offered places shortly after interview.
- All other applicants who have passed the initial selection process will be ‘held’ to be considered and notified of the outcome in May 2016.
Fiinallyy got an offer from Coventry for adult nursing sept 2016!! Got 3 out of 5 offers from unis!! So happy!! Now to choose where I want to go for the next 3yrs! :smile: 🙌😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laylaaa_xx
Fiinallyy got an offer from Coventry for adult nursing sept 2016!! Got 3 out of 5 offers from unis!! So happy!! Now to choose where I want to go for the next 3yrs! :smile: 🙌😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats on the offer!! what was the test and interview like? x
Original post by Elinapun
congrats on the offer!! what was the test and interview like? x

The interview was really simple it was like a chat really so you should be fine :smile: and as long as you look at the maths test online you should be fine for that too! It was a really relaxed day tbh :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nanodae
Finally had my interview for my first choice uni for adult nursing this Monday (25th Jan). I am very pleased with how it went! :smile: it is for the September 2016 intake.

However we only find out if we have an offer in May which is so long away ._. I was wondering how they seem to work this out. If they decide and send out the answer in May surely they would forget a lot of the applicants and how well they did? Or do they decide right after you have been interviewed and then only tell you the outcome in May? Quite curious, as this is different to the other uni's I apply for in which they can tell you the outcome much sooner.

My interview email said this:
- Candidates for Adult and Mental Health nursing who perform exceptionally well may be offered places shortly after interview.
- All other applicants who have passed the initial selection process will be ‘held’ to be considered and notified of the outcome in May 2016.

Hi from what i can gather is you are graded on everything you do from the tests right through the interview stages, and then an over all total, so come may time the would go through the files again and go over the grades and offer places from this. But i guess if you come out with flying colours you might be offered a place sooner
Reply 2247
has anyone had an interview or received offers for childrens nursing at manchester university?
Reply 2248
Has anyone got an interview/offer for Northumbria adult nursing?
Original post by 11hop2it
Is it GCU?

oops i mean the university of glasgow
Original post by Lizzyfitzgerald
January 11th, you?

December 😭
I'm applying for child branch how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, has anyone heard from GCU for Adult Nursing? I'm going crazy waiting to hear lol 😂
Original post by Betken
Has anyone got an interview/offer for Northumbria adult nursing?

I have an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2253
Original post by kirstyboobyer
I have an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw well done that's fab! When did you apply? X
Original post by Betken
Aw well done that's fab! When did you apply? X

September :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2255
Original post by kirstyboobyer

Eee that's class that! I'm really panicking because I applied Dec 10th and haven't heard anything since
Reply 2256
Anyone in Southampton's selection day (22nd January) heard anything back?
Has anyone heard anything from Cardiff yet? Applied in September and haven't heard anything yet!
Is anyone at Birmingham on the 3rd of Feb???

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for UWS last year, I failed the numeracy. The literacy was easy! I applied this year for it but never heard back yet!
Original post by jordanamalcolm
has anyone heard back from UWS that has done a testing session? waiting nervously to find out if I have an interview for adult nursing! not heard back from GCU or Stirling yet though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending