The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emmawebb
Anyone at walsall campus next Tuesday (9th of feb) for admissions tests? Maths and english? I'm applying for child branch x

I've already had a conditional offer for Childrens Nursing at Walsall Campus for September.. don't worry about the maths and English tho, they aren't anything to worry about! Let me know how it goes☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
QUOTE=jessicasrowlands;62407713]I've already had a conditional offer for Childrens Nursing at Walsall Campus for September.. don't worry about the maths and English tho, they aren't anything to worry about! Let me know how it goes☺️

That's great. Well done to you. I've actually applied for the Burton campus with Wolverhampton uni. But for some reasons the tests are held at walsall campus. I'm ok at maths and English. I'd be pretty confident in those tests. It's just trying not to fall off track answering questions in the interview lol how long did it take for them to get back to you after your tests to come for your interview? x
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by emmawebb
QUOTE=jessicasrowlands;62407713]I've already had a conditional offer for Childrens Nursing at Walsall Campus for September.. don't worry about the maths and English tho, they aren't anything to worry about! Let me know how it goes☺️

That's great. Well done to you. I've actually applied for the Burton campus with Wolverhampton uni. But for some reasons the tests are held at walsall campus. I'm ok at maths and English. I'd be pretty confident in those tests. It's just trying not to fall off track answering questions in the interview lol how long did it take for them to get back to you after your tests to come for your interview? x

It took a day for them to offer an interview after tests. Good luck anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I've applied for children's nursing at Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield, Liverpool John Moore & Birmingham City. I have only heard from Birmingham city so far which I have a interview on 17th March as anybody else applied for these and heard anything? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hey everyone - hope you interviews are all going well. :h: I'm not sure if this is relevant to anyone here but I'm just letting you know that we've got 15 places left for our Adult Nursing course, starting in March. So if you think you've left it too late to apply or you know someone who wants to, it might be good to know. :h:

have you many left for mental health in September?
Anyone waiting to hear back from Keele?
Original post by Sezena
Anyone waiting to hear back from Keele?

I have an interview tomorrow!
Original post by Swagio
I've applied to dundee and rgu too, u got any interviews yet? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview for RGU on the 27th feb. waiting to hear from Dundee and ed
Original post by mharding1994
I have an interview tomorrow!

I'm so worried I haven't heard back, I must be rejected surely these will be the last interviews! :frown::frown:
Good luck thought sweetie!!
Original post by jessgravett

Hi there, have you applied for courses yet? I don't know what the situation is with the September intake but I will find out for you. Our nursing courses are some of our most popular courses so it is unusual for us to be undersubscribed but I will find out for you :h:
Original post by elflorblack
Hi! Yes I had one, I would say since there's an MMI test, not each section will turn out perfect, so make sure when switching stations you stay positive and not let the previous one affect it. Also if you've done something really impressive, you can repeat it as much as you want to the different interviewers, because they all don't know you or have seen your personal statement. Hope this helps! 😊 if you have any more questions, just ask me! :smile:

I have a test at kings , how was the maths and english ?
Original post by Em0509
Hey, I've applied for children's nursing at Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield, Liverpool John Moore & Birmingham City. I have only heard from Birmingham city so far which I have a interview on 17th March as anybody else applied for these and heard anything? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I heard from the all fairly quickly, I've had interviews at two of the places you've applied; Sheffield Hallam and Birmingham City. Unfortunately I got a rejection from Sheffield Hallam yesterday but Birmingham City have said I should hear from them end of February / beginning of March! Good luck with your application x
Original post by jessgravett

Heya, just to update you: our Mental Health nursing course for September is currently full. However if people don't make their entry requirements or drops out then we might have some limited spaces available in Clearing. If this happens though they will go very quickly on the day, so if anyone is thinking about trying clearing you will need to be very organised and prompt on the day.
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi there, have you applied for courses yet? I don't know what the situation is with the September intake but I will find out for you. Our nursing courses are some of our most popular courses so it is unusual for us to be undersubscribed but I will find out for you :h:

Hi, I had my interview for childrens nursing 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything back since. Do you know when we will hear? She mentioned at interview we may hear back that afternoom or the day after? x
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has received an offer to start Adult Nursing at the Knowledge Spa (through Plymouth Uni) in Sept '16?

I had my interview 2 weeks ago but understand it can take a few months to hear. They did say they may make some offers quite soon which I wish they hadn't as I can't stop checking UCAS now!

But if some people have already had offers, I'll then know I need to wait until March at least...Thank you :smile:
Original post by Frankie84
Hi all I'm new to tsr! Been following this post for a while. I have an interview with Plymouth at the knowledge spa on 18th Jan! Very excited and slightly nervous! Anyone else applying for the knowledge spa and have had an interview or have one coming up? I'm a mature student and have 3 children and trying to find out if I would be able to get help towards childcare costs. Well done to all those who have had offers already!

Hi, I had an interview at the knowledge spa on the 18th too! Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 2356
does anyone know how the English test is at Northumbria and give me any hints? its my first choice and I really want to get in but I'm worried about it haha
Original post by phem
does anyone know how the English test is at Northumbria and give me any hints? its my first choice and I really want to get in but I'm worried about it haha

Don't panic its not really a test. You watch a short video clip and write about what you saw - obviously relating it to nursing issues etc. It's only 1 side of A4 - nothing to worry about. Good luck x
Anyone who has a nursing offer from Northumbria for September 2016 - I've set up a facebook page. Please join!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/935039333245854/
Guys does anyone else have to have the bcg injection (the one that leaves a scar) :frown: ???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending