The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
I believe most (all?) nursing degrees ask students to get the BCG. However, there is a shortage of the vaccine at the moment, so you may or may not actually be able to get it before you start placements.

It doesn't always scar, if that helps -- mine didn't at all. I would rate the whole experience as significantly better than having TB.
Has anyone done the kingston maths and enhlish test for nursing or midwifery , if so , what would you advise me on ?

Thanks .
Original post by Luce0506
Guys does anyone else have to have the bcg injection (the one that leaves a scar) :frown: ???

I got mine in secondary school (12 years ago) and mines hasnt scared either. It will only scar of you pick at the scar. X
Original post by Owlet
I believe most (all?) nursing degrees ask students to get the BCG. However, there is a shortage of the vaccine at the moment, so you may or may not actually be able to get it before you start placements.

It doesn't always scar, if that helps -- mine didn't at all. I would rate the whole experience as significantly better than having TB.

Aw okay thanks for your help! I think I will ring my uni because I can't find a doctors to give it to me x
Original post by emmawebb
I got mine in secondary school (12 years ago) and mines hasnt scared either. It will only scar of you pick at the scar. X

Okay thanks! I hate needles lmao x
Original post by Luce0506
Aw okay thanks for your help! I think I will ring my uni because I can't find a doctors to give it to me x

Wait and get it done at uni. Don't pay for any vaccinations, occupational health will do it all for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2366
Hi all... how is everyone getting on...

Ive passed my interview at anglia ruskin... just waiting for my interview date at LSBU!!!!
anyone heard from Glasgow Caledonian yet??
Original post by Ssunar
Hi all... how is everyone getting on...

Ive passed my interview at anglia ruskin... just waiting for my interview date at LSBU!!!!

Hiya. Well done on the interview! Hat branch have you applied for? I have my interview on the 15th of Feb for children's nursing. Did you do the MMI's? I've been trying to practise for them but I'm not quite sure what to expect. x
Original post by Ettaxo
Anyone at Kings for an interview on the 4th of Feb? Or has anyone already had one and can offer some tips? Would be much appreciated ☺️

Hiya, I have got an offer for adult nursing at King's! I would advise you to be as confident as possible and convey your utter enthusiasm for nursing / midwifery and have a clear idea of why you want to be one!

Let me know how it all goes and best of luck.
Reply 2370
Hiya. Well done on the interview! Hat branch have you applied for? I have my interview on the 15th of Feb for children's nursing. Did you do the MMI's? I've been trying to practise for them but I'm not quite sure what to expect. x

Thanks,
Adult nursing,

I dont think theres a right or wrong answer and theres an ambassador there to answer all your questions...i thought the questions were reasonable something you should know

Sorry about the vaignous, think i accidently breached forum ruled by giving too much examples...
Original post by hipposcribble
Hiya, I have got an offer for adult nursing at King's! I would advise you to be as confident as possible and convey your utter enthusiasm for nursing / midwifery and have a clear idea of why you want to be one!

Let me know how it all goes and best of luck.

Congratulations!! And thank you so much, I will do ☺️
Original post by Ettaxo
Congratulations!! And thank you so much, I will do ☺️

No worries. Let me know how you do, if you like! Hope you get an offer!

:smile:
Original post by Ssunar
Thanks,
Adult nursing,

I dont think theres a right or wrong answer and theres an ambassador there to answer all your questions...i thought the questions were reasonable something you should know

Sorry about the vaignous, think i accidently breached forum ruled by giving too much examples...

Thank you. I understand you can't discuss much. It's just different territory compared to the original interviewing method so it's scaring me a little haha I should be fine though, I'm feeling pretty confident regardless.
Can I ask you how long you had to wait to hear about your offer? Did you hear through ucas? x
Original post by kirstyboobyer
Has anyone had an interview for stirling? ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I had my interview the other day!
I've applied for adult at Dundee, Stirling (main campus and highland campus), RGU and Edinburgh Napier!
I've had interviews for Dundee and Stirling and I've got RGU on the 4th March but I've still not heard anything from Napier!
Original post by DaniiC
I applied in December, And just told an interview for Inverness Campus, just got an email on Friday :smile: x

Hey did you apply to the main campus and the Inverness campus? I applied to both and got an interview for the main Stirling campus, I asked if the interview counted for both or just the main campus as I hadn't heard anything from the highland campus but the lady at Stirling said it would probably count for both. So just wondering if you heard from both? :smile:
Reply 2377
Thank you. I understand you can't discuss much. It's just different territory compared to the original interviewing method so it's scaring me a little haha I should be fine though, I'm feeling pretty confident regardless.
Can I ask you how long you had to wait to hear about your offer? Did you hear through ucas? x

Hi.... yeah you should be fine... i was interviewed on the friday and received ucas update by the following wednesday.
Goodluck x
Original post by ohill1
what is the interview like for Dundee?

Awful, I really didn't enjoy it. The questions you're asked and scenarios you're given are weird and they're pretty difficult to relate to nursing:/
Reply 2379
hi, just wondering has anyone had an interview or received offers for childrens nursing at manchester university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending