The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone I've applied for child nursing and had an offer from Bradford , anyone else applied or had an offer from them ?
Original post by MissDetermined
Had my interview for Southampton today... now the waiting begins!

How did you find it? :smile:
I found it okay, better than I anticipated. Bit iffy on the maths but just on a couple, hoping I didn't do too bad.
The staff and students were friendly, I found the group and individual interviews quite relaxed but maybe I was lucky with who was in my group and what people were observing us.
I found it okay, better than I anticipated. Bit iffy on the maths but just on a couple, hoping I didn't do too bad.
The staff and students were friendly, I found the group and individual interviews quite relaxed but maybe I was lucky with who was in my group and what people were observing us.

Ah that's good, yeah I found the maths really hard too! But the same with me I found everything else quite relaxed and everyone was really friendly :smile:
Reply 2504
Original post by rebecca1472
Was anybody at the MMU interview date on Thursday just gone? (The 21st) I got offered my place today but applied for March! probably really unlikely that the two other girls there thursday who applied for March too are seeing this :L

I interviewed at MMU for March, but it was on the 28th of Jan. There were a couple of older girls applying for March too but I don't know if they have offers. Have you heard anything from MMU since? They said we should receive some stuff in the mail before we start but it's only a month away so I'm stressing already D:
I have a testing day in 8 days which I am not too worried about but I am worried about either not receiving an interview offer or not receiving a course offer. Has anyone got any tips about what to say or what not to say at interview? Would really help to hear from people have been offered a place. This is make or break for my future.
Original post by omr1995
Ah that's good, yeah I found the maths really hard too! But the same with me I found everything else quite relaxed and everyone was really friendly :smile:

Ah that's cool! When did you have yours? Have you heard back?
Ah that's cool! When did you have yours? Have you heard back?

The 29th Jan so just over a week ago and not heard yet, they said to me it could be over two weeks :smile:
Original post by MeganSiddown
My interview was on the 30th Jan and I got my offer in the 3rd of this month😋 Don't be nervous!! Everyone is lovely there and the day is really well set up! You'll have your group discussion first then your individual interview then a tour around! The building was really nice and professional.
it's really relaxed and as long as you know why you want to be a nurse and can back your point up with evidence of your dedication to nursing you'll be fine!!! What branch are you applying for?☺️

Ok, thanks! Oh wow that's a really quick response :eek: I've had to wait weeks for other unis to get back to me after an interview.Hopefully it goes well, I'm applying for mental health. What about you?
Reply 2509
Has anyone had an interview for Coventry, how long do they usually take to get back after interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dottykikixo
I have a testing day in 8 days which I am not too worried about but I am worried about either not receiving an interview offer or not receiving a course offer. Has anyone got any tips about what to say or what not to say at interview? Would really help to hear from people have been offered a place. This is make or break for my future.

Hey, I think we all get nervous about interviews so the interviewers on these applicant days will be aware that people are going to be nervous so they shouldn't hold this against you. :smile: I would say just make sure you know why you want to be a nurse, be aware of the roles or a nurse and areas like that. I think there is a thread on TSR that has a collection of potential questions that may be asked in a nursing interview so may be helpful to have a look over those (just don't really prepare your answers- you don't want to seem scripted). I know it sounds silly for me to say just be yourself but that really is one of the best things you can do! If nursing really is what you want to do then this will show in how you talk about it e.g. knowing that it is a demanding job but have a genuine interest in wanting to care for people etc. Good luck on your testing day and fingers corssed you get an interview/offer. :biggrin:
Original post by EmilyC0202
Haha seems like many moons ago :biggrin: I sure do hope so for your sake lol! Nope not really, will be starting in 2 months and have no idea what I need to do / sort out :shock: waiting for CCCU to send me details on what to do next but guessing that won't be until at least Monday now! Do you feel ready despite not having chose where you will be studying yet? :smile:

haha same here! thats exciting though that in 2 months you will begin you nurse training!! Same here I am hoping that the unis will give out more information on what I need to prepare soon because I am not really sure. Hopefully they will tell you soon though! no I really don't feel that ready as I don't think it has quite sunk in yet that I have an offer and will be going to uni this year. :smile:
I've asked this a million times throughout this but I'm wondering if anyone is waiting to hear back from Keele still? I'm worried because I've only had an acknowledgement email which apparantly got sent out to everyone last night, even people who has offers already! I feel like I'm going to get rejected as I haven't even been invite to an interview yet, surely they won't be having interviews any later than February and if so surely it's people they didn't like so they're just trying to fill gaps :frown:??

I also had an interview with Derby in Decemner, and I rang up asking why I haven't heard back from them and they said I'm in a grey area and they're seeing if someone better comes along so they don't give me place away to someone potentially better 😰

I did a maths test for Northhampton and I got 14/15 so I don't know what that means and if it's good enough to be offered an interview?

I have a conditional from Wolverhampton that I'm going to reject

The only good thing going for me is an unconditional from Chester which is my 4th choice is I was to get in everywhere!! :frown::frown: aghhh this is the worse someone else tell me they haven't heard back from keele either?!
Original post by Sezena
I've asked this a million times throughout this but I'm wondering if anyone is waiting to hear back from Keele still? I'm worried because I've only had an acknowledgement email which apparantly got sent out to everyone last night, even people who has offers already! I feel like I'm going to get rejected as I haven't even been invite to an interview yet, surely they won't be having interviews any later than February and if so surely it's people they didn't like so they're just trying to fill gaps :frown:??

I also had an interview with Derby in Decemner, and I rang up asking why I haven't heard back from them and they said I'm in a grey area and they're seeing if someone better comes along so they don't give me place away to someone potentially better 😰

I did a maths test for Northhampton and I got 14/15 so I don't know what that means and if it's good enough to be offered an interview?

I have a conditional from Wolverhampton that I'm going to reject

The only good thing going for me is an unconditional from Chester which is my 4th choice is I was to get in everywhere!! :frown::frown: aghhh this is the worse someone else tell me they haven't heard back from keele either?!

Haven't heard back from keele either, don't worry you're not the only one! They probably just have a lot of applicants and they don't hold as many interviews/applicant days as other unis, so that's why they take so long to reply. I have an interview at another uni in March that i only just got invited to this week, so don't worry about not getting an invite yet :smile:
Original post by imjustnotnormal
Haven't heard back from keele either, don't worry you're not the only one! They probably just have a lot of applicants and they don't hold as many interviews/applicant days as other unis, so that's why they take so long to reply. I have an interview at another uni in March that i only just got invited to this week, so don't worry about not getting an invite yet :smile:

Oh phew! Hopefully we end up getting an invite and both going together! Where do you want to go to the most :smile:?
Original post by Sezena
Oh phew! Hopefully we end up getting an invite and both going together! Where do you want to go to the most :smile:?

Hopefully! It's between King's and York for me. I'm not sure if I want to move out of London yet :s-smilie: How about you? And what branch are you applying to? I'm applying to mental health! :h:
I've an interview for Stirling on Wed 10th Feb. I sent my UCAS of on the 12th of Jan and have only heard back from Stirling. Still waiting to here from Ulster University (Derry), Queens, Manchester and LJMU. I've applied for Mental Health Nursing.

Can anyone give me any help with the Stirling interview? Like is the atmosphere relaxed or tense. Starting to stress out.
If anyone can help out with the following:
- Atmosphere
- Plan/Layout of the day
- Types of questions
Things like that...
Hopefully! It's between King's and York for me. I'm not sure if I want to move out of London yet :s-smilie: How about you? And what branch are you applying to? I'm applying to mental health! :h:

Adult Nursing! And agh I'm from London and I live some where a lot quieter now I much prefer it, London is just too busy and bustling for me haha
York is lovely! Have you ever visited :smile:?
Original post by Sezena
Adult Nursing! And agh I'm from London and I live some where a lot quieter now I much prefer it, London is just too busy and bustling for me haha
York is lovely! Have you ever visited :smile:?

I prefer the quiet too, I'm just worried about being able to get to placements etc when I don't know the area and don't own a car. I've visited York to go to an open day but didn't really get a chance to see anything else apart from the university - it was beautiful and everyone was so friendly :smile:

How about you, whats your first choice?
Ok, thanks! Oh wow that's a really quick response :eek: I've had to wait weeks for other unis to get back to me after an interview.Hopefully it goes well, I'm applying for mental health. What about you?

Yeah the response was really quick, which I'm thankful for because I can finally get some sleep now ahah😂 You'll do fine!! It's a really relaxed day☺️ I'm applying for Mental Health too aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending