The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imjustnotnormal
I prefer the quiet too, I'm just worried about being able to get to placements etc when I don't know the area and don't own a car. I've visited York to go to an open day but didn't really get a chance to see anything else apart from the university - it was beautiful and everyone was so friendly :smile:

How about you, whats your first choice?

Oh yeah I understand what you mean by getting around to places, see I drive so it's okay :/ I can imagine London will be easy for transport! But York is really pretty and do you want to live in London for the rest of your life? That's what I ask myself!
I really want to go to Keele, would love to hear from them!
Original post by Reader63
I've an interview for Stirling on Wed 10th Feb. I sent my UCAS of on the 12th of Jan and have only heard back from Stirling. Still waiting to here from Ulster University (Derry), Queens, Manchester and LJMU. I've applied for Mental Health Nursing.

Can anyone give me any help with the Stirling interview? Like is the atmosphere relaxed or tense. Starting to stress out.
If anyone can help out with the following:
- Atmosphere
- Plan/Layout of the day
- Types of questions
Things like that...

I've got one but not had it yet, but they tell you the layout in the information they send if you've got that? Kinda explains layout and kinda questions they'll ask.
And atmosphere Is probably what the people going make it but it says group interviews with stations so I'd say from previous ones that talking to people and being friendly will help cus places look for how you interact and group interviews can be competitive depending on the applicants!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've an interview for Stirling on Wed 10th Feb. I sent my UCAS of on the 12th of Jan and have only heard back from Stirling. Still waiting to here from Ulster University (Derry), Queens, Manchester and LJMU. I've applied for Mental Health Nursing.

Can anyone give me any help with the Stirling interview? Like is the atmosphere relaxed or tense. Starting to stress out.
- Atmosphere
- Plan/Layout of the day
- Types of questions
Things like that...

Have you already got your grades? Because I applied for Stirling in October and still not hear anything :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MeganSiddown
Yeah the response was really quick, which I'm thankful for because I can finally get some sleep now ahah😂 You'll do fine!! It's a really relaxed day☺️ I'm applying for Mental Health too aha

Thanks, feeling a little less nervous now :smile: Awesome if I get a place I'll know at least one other person there haha. Are you staying in accomodation or commuting?
Original post by Sezena
Oh yeah I understand what you mean by getting around to places, see I drive so it's okay :/ I can imagine London will be easy for transport! But York is really pretty and do you want to live in London for the rest of your life? That's what I ask myself!
I really want to go to Keele, would love to hear from them!

Yh true, still need to have a little think about it. Hoping I get an offer from York so there's actually a decision to make XD

Hope you hear from Keele soon, all the best :smile:
Thanks, feeling a little less nervous now :smile: Awesome if I get a place I'll know at least one other person there haha. Are you staying in accomodation or commuting?

Yes, exactly ahah! Make sure you keep me updated after your interview as I'd love to hear how it goes for you☺️ I'll be living in accommodation there, they place all the nurses together so I'm interested in Constantine College or Alcuin College😁 What about yourself??☺️
who is going to city's selection day tomorrow at 9.00 am. Im kinda nervous and can anyone tell me what it was like and how long the the day was

- Atmosphere
- Plan/Layout of the day
- Types of questions
Things like that...

I applied for Magee last year for adult nursing because I'm from Derry, but after the interview I knew adult nursing wasn't for me and I'm applying for children's this year.

Magee got back to me about an interview on the 17th of feb and my interview was on the 13th of march! They don't hand out interviews until that time and you won't hear an answer until all interviews are done. I heard back on april fools day lol

It's a pretty quick day. You just go to an office, hand in your id and certificates etc. She will give you a card with a room number on it. You go sit outside the room and they call you in. It's over within 10 mins the interview. There's no maths or english tests. But Magee is one of the best unis to go for adult nursing. Good luck!!!
Yes, exactly ahah! Make sure you keep me updated after your interview as I'd love to hear how it goes for you☺️ I'll be living in accommodation there, they place all the nurses together so I'm interested in Constantine College or Alcuin College😁 What about yourself??☺️

Will do! I'll be staying in accomdation too if I go to York :biggrin: I heard at the open day that if you're studying nursing you have to stay in Alcuin College? It would have been my first choice anyway, since its only a minutes walk from the healthcare sciences building.
Original post by CaitlinN15
Have you already got your grades? Because I applied for Stirling in October and still not hear anything :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied at the end of December and haven't heard anything either. It's the only uni I've applied to as well:frown:
Has anyone heard from Bedfordshire??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will do! I'll be staying in accomdation too if I go to York :biggrin: I heard at the open day that if you're studying nursing you have to stay in Alcuin College? It would have been my first choice anyway, since its only a minutes walk from the healthcare sciences building.

I think it depends on if you want an Ensuite or not, on the York Accomodation website it says that there's a nursing segment of each college but I'm not too sure😁 I'll have to look into that abit more aha🙊 Alcuin is very nice and in a great location so I'd be happy anywhere really😋 It's crazy we might be living together later in the year😱!!
Original post by crc0216
Has anyone heard from Bedfordshire??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had my interview on the 25th Jan for Adult Nursing, waiting on a response but unless you are exceptional you will hear back end of April - May 2016 >.<
I think it depends on if you want an Ensuite or not, on the York Accomodation website it says that there's a nursing segment of each college but I'm not too sure😁 I'll have to look into that abit more aha🙊 Alcuin is very nice and in a great location so I'd be happy anywhere really😋 It's crazy we might be living together later in the year😱!!

Oh ok, the website is probably right then. Yh, I can't believe it yet, hope to see you in September haha. I don't think it's hit me yet that I'm going to be living in a whole different city by the end of the year :zomg: - 4/5 of my choices are out of London, so even if I don't get into York I'm definitely leaving London!! Are you curently living in York or moving from someplace else?
Original post by fazimi
who is going to city's selection day tomorrow at 9.00 am. Im kinda nervous and can anyone tell me what it was like and how long the the day was

Are you going for the maths and English test or the interview?! I'll just detail you on both anyway . The maths and English test are absolutely fine! It's just the aptitude test that caught everyone off guard but that's also not so bad! The interview was the best interview I've had, it's a group discussion and all the interviewers are so lovely and reassuring ! You'll be absolutely fine. I did my tests on a separate day to the interview, the test day was about 2 hours long, and the interview day was probably 3 hours long
Original post by Ettaxo
Are you going for the maths and English test or the interview?! I'll just detail you on both anyway . The maths and English test are absolutely fine! It's just the aptitude test that caught everyone off guard but that's also not so bad! The interview was the best interview I've had, it's a group discussion and all the interviewers are so lovely and reassuring ! You'll be absolutely fine. I did my tests on a separate day to the interview, the test day was about 2 hours long, and the interview day was probably 3 hours long

I'm going for the selection day tomorrow as well but mines at 13:00.

I'm so nervous :s-smilie::s-smilie:
I'm not really sure what to expect for the group discussion. Can you go in a little more detail please?
Not the actual questions cos that won't be really fair..
But like...how many people are there in a group? What kind of activities were you told to do during it??

Thank you soo much for your help xx
Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh ok, the website is probably right then. Yh, I can't believe it yet, hope to see you in September haha. I don't think it's hit me yet that I'm going to be living in a whole different city by the end of the year :zomg: - 4/5 of my choices are out of London, so even if I don't get into York I'm definitely leaving London!! Are you curently living in York or moving from someplace else?

I know it's crazy right! That's a big move from London, wow. I hope you settle in okay! I'm sure you will as everyone will be lovely and looking to meet new people☺️ I admire your bravery ahah😂 Noo I'm not currently in York but I live in a small town 40 minutes away so I'm not too far from home at all hehe
Original post by Nanodae
I had my interview on the 25th Jan for Adult Nursing, waiting on a response but unless you are exceptional you will hear back end of April - May 2016 >.<

I haven't even been invited for interview for child nursing yet so I am guessing I have been rejected. That means I may have been rejected everywhere apart from Birmingham who I am waiting to hear back from interview from and Bradford who offered me something else :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crc0216
I haven't even been invited for interview for child nursing yet so I am guessing I have been rejected. That means I may have been rejected everywhere apart from Birmingham who I am waiting to hear back from interview from and Bradford who offered me something else :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh dear.. have you had your maths and english tests for Beds? or had an email previously asking for documents and certificates? Strange of them not to have told you anything.
Original post by Nanodae
Ooh dear.. have you had your maths and english tests for Beds? or had an email previously asking for documents and certificates? Strange of them not to have told you anything.

I haven't had tests but I had confirmation to send more documents

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending