The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GraceEmily98
Hi!
This week I firmed my unconditional for children's nursing at RGU, looking into accommodation right now. Thinking about Ramsay Development, what everyone else thinking?
X

Hi, I've received a conditional for mental health and I'm going to firm RGU as soon as I hear back from my remaining unis, I'm looking at the garthdee towers myself as my top choice for accommodation but I'm open to any really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done! Best of luck with all the other unis as well! I really liked the idea of having a washing machine in accommodation because I imagine placements could get very messy! Haha I think I'll have a wee look further into it all though!

Original post by CaitlinN15
Hi, I've received a conditional for mental health and I'm going to firm RGU as soon as I hear back from my remaining unis, I'm looking at the garthdee towers myself as my top choice for accommodation but I'm open to any really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long did it take to hear back from Edinburgh Napier after the interview?
Original post by Danni_Rutherford
How long did it take to hear back from Edinburgh Napier after the interview?

I heard back from my MH health one in 4 days after my interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I need help! I have offers from Napier, Dundee and UWS!! Where is better?
Anyone who has had an interview in Dundee & have received an offer, how long did it take for them to get back to you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ciaralouise97
Anyone who has had an interview in Dundee & have received an offer, how long did it take for them to get back to you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Over a month for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ciaralouise97

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had an interview in early February and still not heard :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had an interview in early February and still not heard :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also pm'd you a long time ago about it & still not heard :-( Hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone i have an interview on Wednesday for Adult Nursing. Can anyone help me with current affairs in Nursing please. x
Well done! Best of luck with all the other unis as well! I really liked the idea of having a washing machine in accommodation because I imagine placements could get very messy! Haha I think I'll have a wee look further into it all though!

Ahaha the garthdee towers has a coin operating system, but I'm not *that* bothered that much about the accommodation if I'm honest ahah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a look further into it all, I don't think I'll be going to Garthdee, I wasn't sure on Garthdee towers becaus elf sharing a toilet and not getting an ensuite but I'm actually quite local to Aberdeen, it's the nearest city to me so I know it well and I think I'm going to apply for Spring Gardens because there's a better nightlife in the city, it also has a double bed haha I like being comfortable and I'll just take buses to Garthdee.
Ahaha the garthdee towers has a coin operating system, but I'm not *that* bothered that much about the accommodation if I'm honest ahah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a look further into it all, I don't think I'll be going to Garthdee, I wasn't sure on Garthdee towers becaus elf sharing a toilet and not getting an ensuite but I'm actually quite local to Aberdeen, it's the nearest city to me so I know it well and I think I'm going to apply for Spring Gardens because there's a better nightlife in the city, it also has a double bed haha I like being comfortable and I'll just take buses to Garthdee.

Ah see I'm moving 300+ miles away to get to Aberdeen for uni so I'd rather have it close to the uni rather than in Aberdeen City centre. I'm not that bothered about the sharing toilet because that's just like at home/college so that won't bother me.. but I'm happy with my own shower and sink which is what Garthdee towers give so. .for me it's not going to bother me that much. Tbh, with placements and that I probably won't have that much time in the room anyway 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wanttobeanurse
Hi everyone i have an interview on Wednesday for Adult Nursing. Can anyone help me with current affairs in Nursing please. x

For which uni?
Original post by Kennastalker
Anyone firmed UWS Dumfries for Adult Nursing? Im totally over the moon to have just accepted an unconditipnal place 😊 This was my only choice so all my hopes were pinned on it! Hope to see some of you there! 😆

I

I applied in january and i am still waiting to hear. Why they taking ages. I applied to dumfries
Original post by Nicola1979
I

I applied in january and i am still waiting to hear. Why they taking ages. I applied to dumfries

Hi Nic - can't believe you haven't heard still x
I

Hi Nic, sorry to jear that you are still waiting. Was Dumfries the only one you applied to? Or have you heard back from others? Have you checked the UCAS track page? I would give admissions a wee ring and ask what is happening with your application. They may be able to give you some answers. The unis only have until the 5th of May to make their decisions if im right so im sure they should have been in touch by now. Good lick, hope you get the answers you need x
Original post by Kennastalker
Hi Nic, sorry to jear that you are still waiting. Was Dumfries the only one you applied to? Or have you heard back from others? Have you checked the UCAS track page? I would give admissions a wee ring and ask what is happening with your application. They may be able to give you some answers. The unis only have until the 5th of May to make their decisions if im right so im sure they should have been in touch by now. Good lick, hope you get the answers you need x

I applied on the deadline i am in the late pile. It says on track they have until 15th july. I have been in touch i am getting so annoyed.
I applied on the deadline i am in the late pile. It says on track they have until 15th july. I have been in touch i am getting so annoyed.

That must be very frustrating. I submitted mine on the deadline 15th january at about lunchtime. Cant understand why you have been put in the late pile?! In any case at least they are still working on your application, it is a long and slow process but hopefully all is not lost 😊 Good luck for when you do hear back though x
Can anyone help? I had my interview yesterday for Msc nursing (adult) at UCLAN. The problem is I was so nervous in my interview I couldn't even speak, I swear I stuttered every answer and didn't say half of what I needed to say, I always stutter when under pressure but don't see it as a disability. I know I'm going to get rejected as the interviewer was quite brutal and didn't calm me down etc. My question is, if get rejected for the Msc can I still apply for the Bsc even though I already have a Bsc Hons in psychology? Thanks for any advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending