The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bruxelles-Paris
Hiya,I applied for adult nursing at Napier Uni and I get a group inteview on 11th August 2016.I am just worry about the pictures they are going to give us to explain in front of a large group.Please is there somenone who can tell me what were exactly the pictures ?Cheers !

I can't give you a lot of details as it isn't allowed, so no one will be able to tell you what the pictures are. Anyway, it's likely they change them round since they don't do everyone's group exercise at the same time and don't want them discussing.*

However, it isn't a large group (around 10-12 people if I remember correctly) and you get time to consider and make notes. The usual advice applies, listen politely but be aware that you do need to speak up a few times. It's encouraged to disagree with others points so that there is an alternative viewpoint, but do so respectfully. How you interact and listen to others is noted. Honestly, it's not bad at all as long as you can appear confident and form an interesting opinion.
Welcome to the profession everyone. I currently work as a staff nurse on a busy older person complex care ward. I studied at UWE in 2008-11.
Original post by Charlotte49
I can't give you a lot of details as it isn't allowed, so no one will be able to tell you what the pictures are. Anyway, it's likely they change them round since they don't do everyone's group exercise at the same time and don't want them discussing.*

However, it isn't a large group (around 10-12 people if I remember correctly) and you get time to consider and make notes. The usual advice applies, listen politely but be aware that you do need to speak up a few times. It's encouraged to disagree with others points so that there is an alternative viewpoint, but do so respectfully. How you interact and listen to others is noted. Honestly, it's not bad at all as long as you can appear confident and form an interesting opinion.

Merci beaucoup Charlotte !
Is anyone here doing nursing at Leeds?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I'm going to Leeds this summer to study nursing (child)!!
Original post by Haleema832
Hey, I'm going to Leeds this summer to study nursing (child)!!

Me too are you in the group chat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
um no, which?
And that's great! Can't wait to start :smile:
Original post by Haleema832
And that's great! Can't wait to start :smile:

Send me a message with your Facebook name and I'll add you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, I don't have Facebook🙄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending