The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by geedepledge
Really worried about the numeracy tests, can anyone suggest any websites or resources apart from sn@p??

BBC GCSE bitesize is good for re-learning the basics.
Original post by ForestCat
BBC GCSE bitesize is good for re-learning the basics.

Thank you!
Reply 942
Original post by carli97
Hey! My interview is also on the 7th December! :smile:

Mine too! Good luck to you both! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an interview for Brighton on the 2nd of December! I love Brighton hefty one to get to though! 😖 anyone else? ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by biebermahone
Hi! i seen you have applied to similar uni's to me! ahh, do you have any tips? im so scared, im still on personal statement

Everyone at the interviews is really friendly! All the questions I had were quite similar so I'd say to brush up on the 6 C's and NMC values and I think they like you to be able to relate them back to experiences you have had. With Kingston make sure you revise the maths and english papers they give you, loads of people failed it and didn't get through to interview! Long division, multiplication and converting kg mg-g, ml-L have come up in every test so I'd swat up on those. Good luck!
Reply 945
hie just wanted to ask what type of literacy questions did they ask at Southbank university and maths because I'm going there tomorrow and I have been revising their sample test paper on their website and the last question of writtting 200 to 250 words what type of question was it. Thank you
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by geedepledge
Really worried about the numeracy tests, can anyone suggest any websites or resources apart from sn@p??

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/nursing/study/applicants/preregistration/selectiondays/Numeracy-example-2013-14.pdf
The Kings college test is the hardest I've come across!
Just google sample nursing numeracy questions and tons of tests from universities pop up! In my experience they always ask similar questions. Metric conversions of weight and fluid (i.e. mg-g and ml-l), fractions to percentages and vice versa, long division and multiplication. Just general numeracy really, found the maths is fun website really useful to help brush up on some bits. Hope this helps and good luck!
Hi guys!!
I love that I found this forum :smile:
Branch: Adult nursing
Uni's: Bournemouth & Brighton.
Have applied for the dual nursing field Adult & Mental Health for Southampton University.
All for September 2016 intake.
Experience: Care home for 3 years, HCA 6 months, rehabilitation support worker 6 months. Currently working in a mental health unit where I have been working for 3 months.
Bournemouth and Brighton haver both invited me for interviews In December.
Really eager to hear back from Southampton though as I would love to do the dual course and its my favourite university. Anyone know how long Southampton take to offer interviews if you get one and when the are.
Good luck everyone!!!
Original post by dragonsonmars
Has anyone heard back from Southampton? I've only had an acknowledgement. I applied 3 weeks ago.

Also I'm supposed to have my Plymouth interview tomorrow at 9. I requested a change of date a week ago but they still haven't gotten back to me, I'm worried they'll be expecting me tomorrow :s-smilie:

I am still awaiting to hear back from Southampton. I sent my application about 2 weeks ago. Im sooo eager for them to get back to me!!
What field have you applied for?
I do have an interviews for Brighton on Wednesday 16th December and Bournemouth on Thursday 17th December. Anyone else attending interviews on these dates.

Also....

GOOD LUCK
Hi, has anyone got interviews for adult nursing at UEA on 5th Dec, Surrey 18th Jan, or Coventry in Jan?
Hello,

I am just wondering if anyone has been for an adult nursing interview at UCLAN and could tell me a bit about what the English exam part of the test day entails? pretty much panicking about tomorrow.

Thankyou...
Hi everyone,

I've applied for adult nursing at Southampton, Surrey, Plymouth, Swansea and Nottingham.

I am currently doing A2 level Psychology, Philosophy and Ethics, and Applied Business Studies.

I am volunteering at the local hospital at the moment for 6 months, I've also done some work in a charity shop over 1 summer and I'm also a Girlguide who helps out once a week with the rainbows. Some of you have some great experience!

I sent off my application a day ago and I am already nervous that I won't hear back/get declined. I am also nervous about the MMI interviews (if I got one) too as I feel I may say the wrong thing if they ask me something unexpected. :frown:

Thanks for reading.:smile:

Good luck future nurses!:h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tashymoo98
Hi everyone,

I've applied for adult nursing at Southampton, Surrey, Plymouth, Swansea and Nottingham.

I am currently doing A2 level Psychology, Philosophy and Ethics, and Applied Business Studies.

I am volunteering at the local hospital at the moment for 6 months, I've also done some work in a charity shop over 1 summer and I'm also a Girlguide who helps out once a week with the rainbows. Is this enough experience?

I sent off my application a day ago and I am already nervous that I won't hear back. I am also nervous about the MMI interviews too as I feel I may say the wrong thing if they ask me something unexpected. :frown:

Thanks for reading.:smile:

Good luck future nurses!:h:

Hi tashymoo98,

Work experience is always great- there's a little bit here about enhancing your application

https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/schools/school-of-nursing-and-midwifery/enhancing-your-application

also, have a look at the course requirements as a general idea of what you need- https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bsc-nursing-adult

Good luck with your application!

Paul, (year 3, Chemistry)
I was reading Angila Ruskin universities interview procedure and it has changed since last year. They now do that MMI interviewing... i don't know much about it does anyone else?
Original post by rachmhn2015
I've applied for Cumbria as well and not heard anything back. I did go to an open day and at the nursing talk I went to they said they start interviews in January so it's completely normal we haven't heard from them yet.

I received an interview invite from them on Monday for next Wednesday so maybe they've decided to start them early or something?? Have you applied to Cumbria aswell??
I got an unsuccessful from Sheffield Hallam after my interview last weekend, I was expecting a rejection from them after how bad the interview went :frown:
Original post by hanna_h
I got an unsuccessful from Sheffield Hallam after my interview last weekend, I was expecting a rejection from them after how bad the interview went :frown:

Oh no! :-( were you there on Saturday? I was for adult nursing. Panicking now!!
Original post by hanna_h

I have a feeling this will be me too, by the end of this week. I totally let my nerves ruin my interview :frown:

How come you felt yours went to bad?
How did it go badly Hannah? Sorry to hear about the rejection, it doesn't feel nice does it? I've been there. :-(

I've got my Brighton uni interview tomorrow, anyone else?
Thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending