The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

does anyone have a nursing interview tomorrow (2nd December) at Uni of Manchester?

I hate turning up not knowing anyone at all:frown:(((
Original post by Lcnurney1996
It got sent off 1st November but Nottingham didn't get back to me for a good 3 weeks! When did you send yours off?

I sent mine on the 23rd Nov so its only been about a week. I feel so impatient knowing some people have had calls to interviews already
Original post by Sezena
I'm still trying to find someone else who sat the Derby maths and English test, because my internet cut off and it's really upset me because I obviously haven't passed due to it cutting out and having 6 minutes left to answer like 20 questions :frown:
Still only heard back from Wolverhampton and waiting to hear back from Chester, keele and north Hampton!

I did the tests for Derby and had a reply exactly one week later to say I had got an interview. Hope you hear soon x
Original post by aspiring_nurse
I sent mine on the 23rd Nov so its only been about a week. I feel so impatient knowing some people have had calls to interviews already

Nottingham takes a while I think to get back to people but hopefully you'll hear back soon! :smile: best of luck x
Hello everyone!

I'm a male applying for Adult Nursing this year. Applying to Manchester, Manchester Met, Leeds, Nottingham and UEA.

I currently study BTEC Health and Social care level 3 so have experience working with adults with learning difficulties, elderly and children with my playworker role in the holidays. Also have a part time job at H&M.
I'm abit nervous about these group interviews that will happen for the Universities I have applied to.

Apart from that wish everyone the best of luck in their application!
Original post by kelly1996
Hello everyone!

I'm a male applying for Adult Nursing this year. Applying to Manchester, Manchester Met, Leeds, Nottingham and UEA.

I currently study BTEC Health and Social care level 3 so have experience working with adults with learning difficulties, elderly and children with my playworker role in the holidays. Also have a part time job at H&M.
I'm abit nervous about these group interviews that will happen for the Universities I have applied to.

Heyy! How's the application going?
The group interviews sound nerve racking but just make sure you get your point across aswell as letting others! It's normally a scenario of some sort but sounds like you will be fine as you have experience! :smile: best of luck
Hello everyone!

Hey, goodluck. To be honest I found the group interview pretty good I really enjoyed it. I said quite a bit and I'm not even an outspoken person I'm quite shy. It's more like a conversation between you and the rest of the applicants, it's not as hectic as you think it is pretty relaxed! You'll do fine just make sure and have some sort of input.
Original post by edenmoffatt
I'm doing Paediatric Nursing
Applying to Manchester, Surrey, Queen's Belfast, Northumbria and Edinburgh Napier x

Hi there! I've applied to Queens and Northumbria as well but for adult nursing. Have you heard any word from Queens? :smile:
Heyy! How's the application going?
The group interviews sound nerve racking but just make sure you get your point across aswell as letting others! It's normally a scenario of some sort but sounds like you will be fine as you have experience! :smile: best of luck

Hey!

The application is going alright just sent it off a few days ago, got the emails saying they're considering my application now it's a waiting game. Oh that does sound better then. True and thank you very much. Just in the past I've had one group interview and I wasn't being myself just trying to be too enthusiastic aha be yourself is the best. Are you applying??
Original post by emmawebb
Hey, goodluck. To be honest I found the group interview pretty good I really enjoyed it. I said quite a bit and I'm not even an outspoken person I'm quite shy. It's more like a conversation between you and the rest of the applicants, it's not as hectic as you think it is pretty relaxed! You'll do fine just make sure and have some sort of input.

Hey!

Oh really that sounds good then don't want it to be too serious stuff if I'm honest gets me nervous. Oh good for you then you applying this year? Oh that sounds very good then and I will do my best. Thank you for that.
Hey!

The application is going alright just sent it off a few days ago, got the emails saying they're considering my application now it's a waiting game. Oh that does sound better then. True and thank you very much. Just in the past I've had one group interview and I wasn't being myself just trying to be too enthusiastic aha be yourself is the best. Are you applying??

I applied last month I think so I've got interviews coming up! And I've had one already! Where are you applying to?
I applied last month I think so I've got interviews coming up! And I've had one already! Where are you applying to?

Oh very good then got your application sorted early! well done then and good luck, have you heard back from the one you had?? I'm applying to Manchester, Manchester Met, Leeds, Nottingham and UEA all up North when I'm a southerner aha , yourself?
Oh very good then got your application sorted early! well done then and good luck, have you heard back from the one you had?? I'm applying to Manchester, Manchester Met, Leeds, Nottingham and UEA all up North when I'm a southerner aha , yourself?

I got an offer from Oxford Brookes for adult nursing last night! And applying to York, UCLan, Oxford Brookes Nottingham andnsheffield hallam!
Have you heard anuthing?
I got an offer from Oxford Brookes for adult nursing last night! And applying to York, UCLan, Oxford Brookes Nottingham andnsheffield hallam!
Have you heard anuthing?

Well done then at least you know you have a place for nursing next year! good choices, I have not but suppose it's only been two days. Got the emails saying about my application being considered though. Keep checking my UCAS tracker literally every half an hour aha I'm very eager.
Well done then at least you know you have a place for nursing next year! good choices, I have not but suppose it's only been two days. Got the emails saying about my application being considered though. Keep checking my UCAS tracker literally every half an hour aha I'm very eager.

No news is good news!!
nursing interview help????
Is their anyone with an interview @ swansea on the 4th of December :smile: or anyone with tips about the interview. Thanks :smile::smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mismash
nursing interview help????

Hey is it a group interview or one-to-one?
Original post by MegHarpur
Hi there! I've applied to Queens and Northumbria as well but for adult nursing. Have you heard any word from Queens? :smile:

Hello :smile:
I was wondering - have you heard from Northumbria? If so, how long did it take them to get back to you? It's been a month and no word from them yet aha:smile:
Hi everyone, I have just received my email asking me to go for an interview at Swansea University!!! Feeling terrified!! What should I expect?? Any help gratefully received; thanks Emma xxxxxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending