The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aspiring_nurse
Does anyone have an interview at BCU on monday? Im so nervous have no clue what to expect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got mine in January but will you let me know how yours goes? It's my first choice😊 good luck to you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sianbx
I've got mine in January but will you let me know how yours goes? It's my first choice😊 good luck to you x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya of course will update you! My first choices are UOB or BCU. What branch are you applying for? x
Heya of course will update you! My first choices are UOB or BCU. What branch are you applying for? x

Thank you😊 + child nursing! How about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sianbx
Thank you😊 + child nursing! How about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Adult nursing here. What others have u applied to x
Adult nursing here. What others have u applied to x

Worcester-interview
Wolverhampton- alternative course
Only applied to 3, how about you?x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sianbx
Worcester-interview
Wolverhampton- alternative course
Only applied to 3, how about you?x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck wish u all the best with them x
I used up all 5 choices just incase 🙊
1.BCU- Interview
2.UOB
3.Notts
4.Demontford- been called in for maths & english tests
5.Bradford
Good luck wish u all the best with them x
I used up all 5 choices just incase 🙊
1.BCU- Interview
2.UOB
3.Notts
4.Demontford- been called in for maths & english tests
5.Bradford

Good luck with yours too! Let me know how your interview goes😊 x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey!
Does anyone have a Maths and English test on the 9th of December at Kingston Uni? Nervous
(Adult Nursing)
anyone had an interview for salford heard anything yet??
Original post by Figroll97
Hey!
Does anyone have a Maths and English test on the 9th of December at Kingston Uni? Nervous
(Adult Nursing)

Hey I got the maths and English test for Kingston on the 11th dec and I'm so nervous about that too!!!
I'm supposed to have an interview at york this Saturday but my brother is in hospital so I've asked if I can request another date instead. Does anyone know if they'll let me do this?😔
Hey Everyone, I'm Holly.
Branch: Children's Nursing
Applied to: LSBU, Bucks New University, Hull, Hertforshire and Anglia Ruskin.
Experience: Volunteer for a drama school for children aged 5-7 for 4 months, a week in a hospital, first aid certificate, week in a nursery, mentoring a student in my sixth form for 3 years, prefect duty at sixth form and being a student ambassador for 2 years.

I don't suppose anyone could tell me how long it took to get information on interviews and offers back? Bucks New has offered me an interview for February but I submitted my application in the middle of November and nowhere else has got back to me! :frown:
Original post by HollyAndrews
Hey Everyone, I'm Holly.
Branch: Children's Nursing
Applied to: LSBU, Bucks New University, Hull, Hertforshire and Anglia Ruskin.
Experience: Volunteer for a drama school for children aged 5-7 for 4 months, a week in a hospital, first aid certificate, week in a nursery, mentoring a student in my sixth form for 3 years, prefect duty at sixth form and being a student ambassador for 2 years.

I don't suppose anyone could tell me how long it took to get information on interviews and offers back? Bucks New has offered me an interview for February but I submitted my application in the middle of November and nowhere else has got back to me! :frown:

Hi Holly, I also applied for Angila Ruskin too and haven't heard anything yet. I loved Cambridge. Is it Cambridge campus tou applied to? I senr my application off on the 18th of November x
Original post by emmawebb
Hi Holly, I also applied for Angila Ruskin too and haven't heard anything yet. I loved Cambridge. Is it Cambridge campus tou applied to? I senr my application off on the 18th of November x

Yeah it is! :biggrin: I haven't been on an open day for it just yet, but if I get an interview then I'll look around it of course! Where else are you applying to? x
Got an offer from Kingston this morning for adult nursing (PGDip), had the tests and interview last wednesday. Although they've said track won't update for up to 10 working days
When did you send your application off? Mine was sent on the 26th November. :smile:
I have an interview at my 1st choice uni (Huddersfield)for Child nursing on Thursday. Im SOOO nervous. Anyone here alreaady had the interview there?
Any questions asked or tips?
Original post by HollyAndrews
When did you send your application off? Mine was sent on the 26th November. :smile:

I sent mine 11th November, felt like I waited ages for any responses
Original post by Bioscientist_
I sent mine 11th November, felt like I waited ages for any responses

I feel you, Hull emailed me a week ago (ish) to tell me they were considering my application on the 7th December (today) so I should be hearing back from the shortlisting panel soon... It's nerve-wracking.
I'm a bit worried that my personal statement isn't good enough. I've written lots of stuff that is relevant to nursing and I've stated why I want to do nursing but not paediatrics in specific The only experience I've had is a week in a hospital and working in a children's amusement park for two summers. Compared to other applicants I just feel as if I'm not good enough!

I've applied to Manchester, Queen's Belfast, Northumbria, Surrey and Edinburgh Napier! I sent off my UCAS off a week and a half ago on Friday and still haven't heard anything.

Does anyone have any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending